Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Junk

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have posted this on other forums but what kind of BT is this as the only device it will pair with is a cell phone??????

Last thing I want on when riding is my cell!

Its 2022 and I still can not figure out why it will not let me pair with my Garmin Zumo XT or BT audio player? I have never ever heard of a setup like this?

No Im not about to buy a new set of helmets that are BT enabled as I use a 1/2 helmets and prefer to listen to the speakers that came on the bike .

The Zumo XT is BT only and no I'm not going to buy a bluetooth receiver so I can use but not be able to use the bikes controls, plus my bike already came w/ bluetooth (huh). Plus I like the clear display and ease of of the Garmin compared to what GO offers?

Can anyone please explain the thought of a setup like this?

I have written BRP quite a few time and it really gotten myself nowhere.

If you look at the ads for these bikes one of points is that it has BT but it does not tell you it will not work w/ anything but a cell?

Plus in this day and age anyone looking at a vehicle that came w/ BT you never would bother to look any further to see if the only way you could use is with your cell,

What kind of tracking and other information is BRP GO giving out to who knows who?

Most vehicles made in the last several years will let you basically pair any BT enabled device.

Love my 2020 RTL but I also love my tunes .

Will there ever be a fix and if so what? Software ( too simple) or upgraded BT module? Heck I would gladly pay to be able to use the BT devices of my choice and to work like most ever BT enabled vehicle .

So far the best I could do is install GO on my cell and pair then uninstall GO ( but keep the pairing) at least I'm not stuck with all the extra crud and still retain a BT connection

On my audio player it will pair and that is as far as it will go, same goes for the Garmin.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
Keep complaining. LOUDLY but politely.
See some dealers too.
You might eventually find someone who can tell you what you need to know.

But I suspect that the real answer is "BRP screwed up and isn't likely to fix the situation for the machines already on the road........EVER." If you have an AUX input port, you could buy a bluetooth receiver to connect there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m guessing you don’t know what all a “cell” can do? Music, route tracking, tire pressure and GPS. All controlled with the joystick. I love it.

The app and system are designed by Bosche Global and also design MySpin used in high end European vehicles like Land Rover.

Just pairing the phone to the bike will get you music from any music app like Apple Music, SiriusXM, Amazon, Google etc. Just have the music playing or paused when you turn the bike on.

Both Sygic and Genius Maps are offline GPS capable. Work very similar to the ol’ Garmin. Just
Much faster because of way faster processor.

the video shows the odd occasion when the phone doesn’t connect. I’ve had this problem with my AirPods and car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course I know what a cell can do, that it why besides the need for a emergency call I would rather have it off.

I like my dedicated audio player as also my Garmin. My choice, not a choice of what GO is forcing you to use.

What GO did to Bluetooth is a joke, it's setup for a child and as many many many many people besides myself agree it just sucks.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
78 Posts
BRP Go did nothing to Bluetooth as it’s a part of the phone’s system. The app only lets certain other apps work the the dash.
You don’t use the Go app to pair, you use the Bluetooth in the phone’s settings. You pair the phone and headset and plug it into the USB (with a data capable cable) and once the dash boots up you use the joystick to start music and the button on the back of left grip to open and see the apps in the dash.

The reason it sucks for many is because many don’t know their phone and how to use it. The BRP Go app has simple instructions and makes it simple to do if you follow them.

There are many that use it and find it easy to use. I love it and I’m glad I didn’t waste $$$ on an old tech Garmin unit. Slow and difficult to manipulate while moving. The joystick makes it so easy, I can find a gas station or change my route or check my tires without taking my hand off the grip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your missing the boat totally, the GO is propetairy and will not let you use Bluetooth w/o your phone which in this day and age is just Bullshix.

In just about every vehicle built in the last several years that has BT they do not require you to run it through your phone.

Plus the bike does have some type of BT module built in as it will recognize any bt device I have tried it just will not pair w the exception of a cell.

What I did was install go, pair my phone then uninstall Go, so at least it would work w/o all the excess go bloat ware.

I strongly believe it a firmware/software issue designed to force you to only use GO.. Plus while being forced only to use go what kind of information is BRP getting from you and where else is it going.

What kind of product claim s to have BT but requires you to buy a additional BT receiver so you can use BT devices like my Garmin or BT audio player. Come on GO does that make any sense in this day and age!

It's just junk and I'm being kind.

My last 2 cents from myself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You “think” you know how it works but can’t get it to work??? How funny!!!
YOU DO NOT PAIR EACH AND EVERY APP TO THE VEHICLE! You pair the phone by using the Bluetooth in settings. You did not need to have the Go app to pair it.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
You “think” you know how it works but can’t get it to work??? How funny!!!
And I think it is YOU who doesn't understand.......maybe because you are not reading what he is posting carefully enough.

With most other vehicles that have BT, you can pair the onboard audio system with a wide variety of other bluetooth devices. It appears that the BRP system will ONLY pair with a smart phone......and that not all of them are compatible.

A really LOT of owners hate the BRP system.
Your insults directed toward another user on here are NOT appreciated.

One strike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We RIDE A MOTORCYCLE not a car! We don’t need to be texting or emailing or whatever, we need music and navigation. It’s nice to know the tire pressure and it’s cool to track where you ride.
You pair the phone to the bike the same way you do for any car/truck.
You seem to want to do it your way and it doesn’t work. Try reading the instructs doing it they way it’s supposed to work.

My “so called” insults are a RESPONSE to nasty comments because they can’t get it to work and so they bash it and complain about it. Many are finding it works pretty well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
With my Mini Cooper I can only pair a phone as there is no need to pair anything else. It seems the OP wants it to work his way and can’t get that to happen. There is. I reason to be able to pair anything other than a smartphone as it has GPS, music, tire pressure etc.

Please provide info on what other devices you can BT pair to a vehicle that you need to use while driving. We are riding a motorcycle not a car and there is a big difference.
There are simple instructions in the BRP Go app. Follow them and it works.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
There are simple instructions in the BRP Go app. Follow them and it works.
Maybe you need to supply your contact information to ALL of those owners who DO follow the directions and find out that it does NOT work........so they can call you for help.

YOUR experience likely is NOT representative of everybody.

How many different phones have you tried......just for instance ??
I think you need to tone it down a notch.

Two strikes.
(3 strikes and you are OUT.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have been using the BRP system since I got the 2018 RT. I now have a 2021 F3. I’ve used several iPhones and all easily paired to the bike. Many have found it easy to set up and use. I found a BRP Go Facebook group and most of them watch videos and follow instructions and it works.
Problem is a few figure to set it up the way they think it should work only to find it doesn’t and then complain about it.
Tone down??? Why? so others can bad mouth me because they can’t figure it out???

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
Tone down??? Why? so others can bad mouth me because they can’t figure it out???
NO. That post was better.
At least it almost didn't insult anybody directly.

What is conspicuously missing from your story is the absence of any experience with phones other than Apple.
That could make a BIG difference.

Automotive companies with a LOT more resources than BRP had trouble with compatibility when they first tried to "offload" part of the intelligence to a phone app.
There is no good reason to believe that BRP wouldn't have similar problems.

YOU need to get a grasp on the fact that your perspective on things might not always be the only game in town.
It might even be wrong sometimes. GASP. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
My experience is helping many others with both Android and iPhones. Been working/using it for over 4 years.
Pairing either type of phone works the same way. You pair it to the vehicle’s system using the settings in both phone and bike. So trying to use the Go app won’t work. Complaining about how they can’t get it to work doesn’t help either. The initial post was a rant about hating it due to not being able to figure it out, and my trying to help only got more of it. I give up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts