Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the 2020 RT LTD. While riding home, I received a fault code on the dash for the suspension. I continued to ride the bike and continued to get the code. Then one day I didn't get a code. Thinking the bike solved its own problem I was happy. Then I went out on a long ride with my wife as a co-rider. The ride was very hard and I found the bike was bottoming out. I have brought the bike back to the dealer but in 4 days of looking, they can't seem to find what is not working. The computers are of no help. Thus far the dealer has not found any discussions about this problem ad is at a loss.

My question is this: Has anyone had this or a simular problem with the new 2020? Do you have any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to fix it? Any help I could relay to the dealer would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,094 Posts
Call the warranty help number in your owner's documentation.
Or better yet, insist that the dealer call them.

Warranty work can be done at any authorized dealership.
Apparently the one you are using does not have any "real" mechanics.

NOTE: It would have helped a LOT if you had ridden it to the shop while the warning was still ON......so you have to share a little of the blame here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same exact issue with mine the day I bought mine, go back to the dealer and have them check the compressor harness, mine was not plugged in, It took them 7 hours to figure this out, but after that it was great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, brand new 2021 RT Limited. I get a fault like this, C120A. They had a quick look on Saturday while I was at the dealer but of course it didn't happen again. Then on the ride home, guess what, it throws the code again. The bike seems fine before and after it throws the code.

I'll take it back next week and see what happens. The shop manager was very helpful and polite, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.

I'll keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts