Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling on interstate (in construction zone) when display started flashing and Spyder went into LIMP MODE. I either lost power or caliper locked up. I was able to cross 4 lanes of traffic, pulled over and turned engine off. Restarted 5 minutes later - turned key on, orange still appeared in display area but went away when I started it up. It has run fine since (about 600 miles). Can anyone tell me what the following fault codes mean. C0040 and C006C. Called dealer ... 3 wks b4 I can get it in. Messed up my Sturgis plans!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,094 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the following fault codes mean. C0040 and C006C. Called dealer ... 3 wks b4 I can get it in. Messed up my Sturgis plans!!!
If......they can't take a minute and tell you what the codes mean, then you need to find another dealer.

If all of the "alarms" have gone away, so has the condition that caused it.

It is pretty much guaranteed that ANY dealership will tell you they can't find anything wrong if the codes are gone.

·
Registered
2014 RT Ltd SE6
34 Posts
I googled your codes C0040 is a speed sensor (ABS) malfunction and C006C is a ecm-vss malfunction.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thxx, I dropped it off at dealership yesterday ... haven't heard anything yet. 🤞

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Followup: Dealer had bike for a week ... codes were gone and didn't find anything that could have caused the Limp mode/fault codes. Have ridden it for 1500 miles since without a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts