Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us.
You didn’t mention your mileage and if the wobble is upon acceleration or deceleration.
If the tires have higher mileage or are over 5-6 years old would start there and replace them.
Then move on to checking front end components and wheel alignment.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,751 Posts
If the tires have higher mileage or are over 5-6 years old would start there and replace them.
Then move on to checking front end components and wheel alignment.
I'm almost with you here.
Regardless of mileage or condition, the tires (and wheels) should be checked for a defect......or maybe the lug nuts loose.

· Registered
8 Posts
Mine is a 2011 with original tires at 13K. It always had wobble since I got it with 1500 miles on it. It tends to shake side to side and No dealer ( 2 so far) have all looked at it, balanced tires and check alignment, but cannot fix it? Everything is tight suspension wise and no worn parts or bearings. Maybe it is the tires???? They still look new and have tons of tread but >>>>> ??<<

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 12 RT with 16,000 miles on her, doing the same thing your saying
I have an inside weat on the right tire.

Going to have them replaced in the spring with an alignment hoping that fixes the problem.

I plan on using Kenda tires.

Keeping figures crossed.

Keep us informed.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,751 Posts
Mine is a 2011 with original tires at 13K.
Yikes. 11 year old tires are NOT to be trusted no matter how good they LOOK.

And unless you can get the newer Kanine type of Kendas........you should NOT consider using them again.
They are JUNK and might well be the total reason for the instability problem that you are having.

· Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my tires last year with new OEM tires, shop balanced them and it was horrible. Terrible wobble. I call the Manager of the shop discussed the issue with him and i returned my bike. He took the tires and rims to an auto dealer and had them spin balanced. After they were reinstalled on the bike i took if for a short ride. Ran it up to 85MPH and smooth as glass. The shop now plans to repeat this process as they don't feel the standard shop balancing to be as good as a spin balance.

Good luck and be safe out there.

· Registered
8 Posts
I replaced my tires last year with new OEM tires, shop balanced them and it was horrible. Terrible wobble. I call the Manager of the shop discussed the issue with him and i returned my bike. He took the tires and rims to an auto dealer and had them spin balanced. After they were reinstalled on the bike i took if for a short ride. Ran it up to 85MPH and smooth as glass. The shop now plans to repeat this process as they don't feel the standard shop balancing to be as good as a spin balance.

Good luck and be safe out there.
What was cost to replace all three tires ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts