Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PERHAPS , SOMEONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO MINIMIZE THE EXCESS OF HEAT COMING OUT FROM THE RADIATOR FAN INTO MY RIGHT FOOT.

I GUESS I NEED SOME TYPE OF DEFLECTOR AND SOMEONE HAS ONE OF THOSE MADE UP ALREADY.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was a heat management kit built for the 2013 bikes. It fits on previous models as well. The part number is/was 219 800 371, Heat Management Kit. I don't know if you can still get it.

Some people drill holes in the plates underneath the engine or remove them completely.

I have the instructions if you manage to find one. send me an emai; if you need them.

Eck.

·
Registered
2013 RT Limited, Pearl White 2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
4 Posts
I also had this issue on a '13 RTL and as Eckhard and many others before have found that you can get the Heat Mitigation kit for the '13 RT's and install them on most any RT before 2020 to cool down the drivers feet and other places that get hot. Rob did a Rob's Mods and Farkles DIY on his and I used a combination of removing the bottom right plate, ventilating the bottom of the radiator outlet pocket, putting in a 2014 right side grill and heat insulated block off plate in the bottom (dragon's mouth) hole deflecting most of the hot air out under the Spyder. There are numerous threads with numerous solutions on the other forum as well. "Heat on right foot", "Radiator block off plate", "Hot Right Foot! Muffler/exhaust heat unbearable!" just to list a few. Made a world of difference when I was doing 24hr+ Iron butt rides on my Spyder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PERHAPS , SOMEONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO MINIMIZE THE EXCESS OF HEAT COMING OUT FROM THE RADIATOR FAN INTO MY RIGHT FOOT.

I GUESS I NEED SOME TYPE OF DEFLECTOR AND SOMEONE HAS ONE OF THOSE MADE UP ALREADY.

Ohhhh you brought back many painful memories. Wish I had known about this item before riding 30k+ miles a few years ago. Go to Spyderpops site and search for RADIATOR EXHAUST UPPER BLOCK OFF PLATE. $34 well spent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Or you could wear a good pair of motorcycle boots. Put close to ninety thousand on a 2011, mostly in AZ, without its being a major problem
Boots didn't work for me. Couldn't figure out why I was getting blisters on my right ankle/shin only. Put a meat thermometer in the boot and temp registered 108°.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello everyone
Well after reading all your notes I decided to talk with a can am authorized dealer. The service suggested me to take it their for an investigation. Can Am authorized them to make couple of changes. (Zero cost for me)Not sure yet what they are going to do.
Back to you guys with the details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts