Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YSQHEnZ7wA]YouTube - ‪2011 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited‬‏[/ame]​

Born to Be Wild, the popular theme song for recalcitrant bikers, is a ditty to which I'll often sing along when the mood strikes. On this particular day while riding the Can-Am Spyder RT Limited, the rock 'n roll battle cry couldn't have been more discordant.

Sure, I was exhibiting anarchy — flouting the law by riding 85 mph in a posted 65 mph zone — but considering the architecture of the machine and endless quizzical looks the Spyder inspires, I felt a one-hit-wonder such as Der Kommissar, the little-understood but extremely popular tune from the Austrian band Falco, was a more fitting motif. Pressing "scan" on the Spyder's bar-mounted switchgear, I left Steppenwolf for more appropriate background muzak.

That no one can hear my radio selection while thrumming down the Harbor Freeway isn't the point; it's a matter of self-perception, and right now I'm thoroughly confused. The Spyder's expansive use of bodywork and capaciousness (enough to make a Wing Dinger jealous, 155 liters vs. 147 liters) isn't the cause of my mental trauma, nor is it the RT Limited's abundance of electronic paraphernalia including traction control, anti-lock brakes, stability control, cruise control, etc.

More: 2011 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited Review [w/Video] on Motorcycle.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts