Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering trading my RS for the RT. They say suspension is improved in the 2011 RT - has anyone compared the two or have any opinions on whether it's worth the extra $ for the newer model? (Since they still have new 2010's out there). Can't test drive yet because we live in Minnesota! Also, any other improvements? I know what BRP says is improved, wondering whether it's substantial that riders have noticed.

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I've got a 2010 RT and gave been gazing longingly in the direction of the 2011s... but in my opinion there's not enough there to make me take the bait...
The shocks... raise your preload one notch and your handling improves a wghole bunch! Much less body roll...
Air management... lower the windshield on a 2010 about 2 inches and that's the height of the 2011 model. Now the side deflectors have also been changed to help with the aerodynamics (And save fuel!), but those are just parts that could easily be swapped over to a 2010 model...
Actually the 2011 shocks could be swapped over also if the mood struck...
I'm staying put, but the fun is in the shopping anyway! :D

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did it, got my 2011 Spyder RTS! I LOVE IT! Should have gotten this one in the first place rather than the RS! Awesome going over bumps, very comfy, great handling! Now if this stupid Minnesota weather would cooperate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.