Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5,300 miles on my SE5, but I am having a problem. The paddle shifter sticks and sometimes i have to flick the paddle 3-5 times for it to shift either up or down. It appears it also will stick in the half way point, not moving freely. Hope I have explained this where it makes sense. I have parked for now, until this issue is resolved.

I am taking it to the dealer to have it looked at, but thought i would ask in here for idea's.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If it is sticky all the time you might see about spraying some canned air like they use to clean up computer key boards and see if that loosens things up a bit. I would avoid sprays like wd40 etc... because that would attract dirt and really gum things up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is sticky all the time you might see about spraying some canned air like they use to clean up computer key boards and see if that loosens things up a bit. I would avoid sprays like wd40 etc... because that would attract dirt and really gum things up.
Problem resolved, looks the shifter portion moved to the right and it was catching on the rest of the unit. Loosened the torx heads, slid it back left, tested the paddle and put some lock tite on the 2 torx heads and tightened. Test drove great, will keep my eye on it.

Thanks for the inputs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts