CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 SE5 and have been driving it for the past few days. I've noticed that when I shift gears I hear a loud clunking.. the dealership told me that this is normal because the bike only has 30 miles on it. I've been told that once I put some more wear on it, the clunking will stop. Can anyone speak to this and advise??? THANKS

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought a 2008 SE5 and have been driving it for the past few days. I've noticed that when I shift gears I hear a loud clunking.. the dealership told me that this is normal because the bike only has 30 miles on it. I've been told that once I put some more wear on it, the clunking will stop. Can anyone speak to this and advise??? THANKS
There is always a "clunk" when shifting from N into 1st after starting the Spyder.
The remainder of the shifts should be almost silent.
But it does shift different than the manual. You should shift without letting up on the throttle. Constant throttle and punch the button. The computer will automatically let up on the throttle for you and the shift will be silent.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.... I've found my sweat spot and as long as I shift when my idle is between 4.5 - 5.5 I am fine.

However, I am till concerned about the noise my bike makes when it downshifts. Is this normal? Also, when I go into reverse? Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys.... I've found my sweat spot and as long as I shift when my idle is between 4.5 - 5.5 I am fine.

However, I am till concerned about the noise my bike makes when it downshifts. Is this normal? Also, when I go into reverse? Thanks Again
I have a brand new 2010 SE5 and it makes some noise when downshifting as well. It runs great so I just figured it was normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts