Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point during our ryde this past weekend, I managed to shake loose and lose the rear tail light lens that covers the brake light. Googling for one isn't bringing me much help... anyone have a spare? Where'd you get it? Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought I seen a complete assembly brake light and lense may of had wiring harness to on e-bay just days ago. I went to all categories and put can am spyder in subject line. it wont be cheap getting it from BRP. Happy Hunting

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - if I can get away without having to buy the full assembly, my pocketbook will be happier, I'm sure. This would be one of the problems with owning a vehicle that hasn't been around for 20+ years... there aren't spare parts on every corner!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found out you can't buy just the lens, you have to get the full assembly. In case this happens to someone else, the part number is 710001291 and it was $41.99 online at Route 1 Motorsports.

With only 3400 miles on my Spyder, and the BEST extended warranty purchased, we'll check with the dealer tomorrow and see if things should be falling off already or if its covered, since locktite is recommended for the screw that holds the lens on.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're waiting to find out from the dealership if the BEST Warranty is going to cover the replacement of the lens.

I've done some more research (just in case) and found the cheapest actual price from Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Sea-Doo Can-Am Ski-Doo Motorcycle Parts ATV parts Scooter Parts personal watercraft parts Accessories

LUMIERE IMMATRI*LICENCE LIGHT (Includes 21 to 25 ) for 2009 Can-Am Spyder GS Roadster with SM5 transmission, part number 710001291, for $34.43. Not sure what the shipping is; hate to order before the answer comes in from the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts