CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I live in Lakewood Cal. I have a 2008 Can Am Spyder I’m looking for a good honest mechanic or shop in the area to help replace electromagnetic starter I believe is the issue. When I hit the starter button it just clicks. Thank you for any suggestions or posts. Rod (562) 304-8829 or [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I live in Lakewood Cal. I have a 2008 Can Am Spyder I’m looking for a good honest mechanic or shop in the area to help replace electromagnetic starter I believe is the issue. When I hit the starter button it just clicks. Thank you for any suggestions or posts. Rod (562) 304-8829 or [email protected]
What is your battery voltage. Have you tried to charge it hold old is it. What is the voltage when you hit the start button. A voltage drop below 3 volts could mean no capacity. It could be something as simple as the battery.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
A voltage drop below 3 volts could mean no capacity. It could be something as simple as the battery.
Highly likely that it is NOT the starter.

And the battery itself or a loose main cable is much more likely.......and much easier and cheaper too.
A healthy battery should maintain at least 7 or 8 volts at the battery while the starter is turning.
Below 3 would be really BAD.

And.....in answer to the original question:
I have yet to find, or hear about, any independent shop that will touch a Spyder.
Need to find a dealership.
But armed with the battery model number, you should be able to get that from most any bike shop or battery store.
Be sure to charge the new one fully before installing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Highly likely that it is NOT the starter.

And the battery itself or a loose main cable is much more likely.......and much easier and cheaper too.
A healthy battery should maintain at least 7 or 8 volts at the battery while the starter is turning.
Below 3 would be really BAD.

And.....in answer to the original question:
I have yet to find, or hear about, any independent shop that will touch a Spyder.
Need to find a dealership.
But armed with the battery model number, you should be able to get that from most any bike shop or battery store.
Be sure to charge the new one fully before installing.
Don thank you so much for the great advice and time, yea I’m not to mechanically inclined to say the least but my old mechanic skipped out on me and I’m just looking to talk to some one I explain more details

1 - 4 of 4 Posts