Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did my first mountain climb on Abigail today (yes, I named my Spyder Abigail). She liked it a lot. I climbed to the crest of Sandia mountain here in Albuquerque. It was 12 miles up and almost 11,000 feet in elevation. LOTS of twisties. I had fun going up, but even more fun going back down. I counted 102 curves on the way back down. It's almost constant cornering for 12 miles. And it's a gorgeous ride.
I'm attaching a picture of me up on top (a couple of guys on Ducatis were nice enough to oblige for a photo op). I'm looking forward to doing this again. It was a LOT of fun!

--Andy

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Andy,
Awesome ride and picture! I was happy to read your ride went so smoothly on all those curves. I want to take mine up Mount Lemmon here in Tucson later this week, because it is a super twisty ride and the temp will be 30 degrees cooler at the top. I can have a slice of pie while I'm up there before heading back down. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. It was a ton of fun. I can't even imagine the tail of the dragon. I felt like I was constantly turning for 12 miles.
Cyclekat--I can't wait to hear about your trip up Mt Lemmon.
Galvbay--yep, that's Abby Q.
Bob--the view is pretty. You've got the desert mesa on one side with more mountains and you have the city on the other side. Add in the sharp wisps of the aspen breeze, and it is a memorable experience. On my way down a Coldplay song came on my ipod and it was surreal as I was winding through the curves....one of those moments you want to last forever and you try to hold on to every detail so you can treasure it later. Pure bliss....perhaps even nirvana. (perhaps a Nirvana song should have come on?) LOL

--Andy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Great pic and great memory!! Glad you enjoyed yourself so much - its something else, that's for sure!

We took off early this morning and headed down and around one of the local lakes. Plenty of twisty turnies, and early enough that we took it twice. Only had to deal with bicycles the first go-round, and a few vehicles as well as more bicycles the second. By the time we got home, it was closing in on 100 degrees. Definitely time to park the babies and cool off in the hacienda! Awesome weekend!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like everyone had an awesome weekend! I'm traveling for work this week so I'll have some "make-up" riding when I get home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts