Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member, thinking of going to a can am spyder for more stability than two wheels because of my age. Just wondering if I'm making the right choice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You don't say what you want the Spyder for and how you will ultimately use it, nor do you say you are looking at new or used as a first three wheel vehicle. Lastly, you don't say whether you are considering a cruiser type Spyder, F3 model or a touring, RT model. The Rotax 1330 ACE engine is extremely reliable, uses no oil, has long service intervals compared to the Rotax V-twin engines, and a six speed semi automatic transmission with hydraulic activated clutch vice a five speed trans and centrifugal clutch on the V-twin engines. BRP discontinued production of V-twin models with MY 2017. It would help if you provide more information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok here is more information; i plan riding the bike like most people, again like most i am looking for a dependable used, new is out of my reach, im looking for something my wife and i both can ride, im going from a harley ultra classic 96 to 3 wheels, my choice was a can am which seemed to be more stable than a single front tire trike like the triglides, nothing set in stone

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
It would help if you provide more information.
Maybe. But all of that "stuff" that you mentioned isn't really necessary to answer his basic question.
Which really wasn't even a question.

I had the same misgivings and the answer is: YES. Right choice. Go for it.
Well, nobody else can REALLY tell if it will be right for you or not. Do some test rides.

AND......after riding on 2 wheels for a bit over 50 years, I didn't think I wanted the semi-auto paddle shifter either. I was dead wrong on that; I LOVE it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts