Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lead on a slick 08 Spyder with only 5k miles. I've always ridden Beemers-300,000 miles-but now have nasty leg injury and can no longer do bikes. So I need a Spyder. The Spyder in question is an early 08.
Are there any unusual problems that I should be aware of. Any advice or sources would be greatly appreciated. I've ridden Spyders several times and like them very much, but I have no idea about potential technical problems.

·
Registered
306 Posts
First, welcome to the forum!

An '08 GS with only 5K sounds like a good buy opportunity. There have been MANY updates since '08. The most important one is the DPS (steering) system has been recalled and should have been replaced. With this little mileage I would check that this has been done ASAP.

Have your local dealer run the S/N to make sure other software updates have been done. With this little mileage I would also suggest replacing the battery.

Good luck and have fun!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where do you live and where is this one located? I know of one in the virginia area that has only 3K miles at a really good price. I sent you a PM.

Let me know and i will give you the specifics.

thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts