Spyder Riders of Virginia - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Spyder Riders of Virginia

Okay, I have seen a few Spyders besides my own on the local streets. Where are the rest of you and why haven't you posted on the board. I am very much interested in a local Spyder group. Somebody respond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM

VA spyder

I am in Staunton and have a yellow one. There are 3 others in the area that I know of, 2 silver, and another yellow. Where are you located?
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:20 PM

I live in Virginia Beach and have a red spyder on order. I'm interested in a Spyder group also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 AM

I am picking up my Spyder today and I would be interested in a Spyder club.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 06:10 PM

I live near Fredericksburg and have a all black phantom replica. This is my first post so of course I am new to the forum. I have a couple of upgrades on my bike but nothing super. I have the six spoke wheels, the phantom kit, the hindle exhaust, and the small blacked out windshield.
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjholden57 View Post
Okay, I have seen a few Spyders besides my own on the local streets. Where are the rest of you and why haven't you posted on the board. I am very much interested in a local Spyder group. Somebody respond
You ask where others are but don't say where YOU are. I'm in WV but only 20 miles north of Winchester VA

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.

Spyder Nation POW*MIA SE5

Cal-Sci 23.5 windshield, HID Fog lights, HID Headlights, Micron muffler, Triple Play II Taillight Kit, 5" Pullback bars, Footpeg kit, Center Console, Cup Holder, Mirror Extensions, Phantom Black Kit, 6 Spoke Wheels, Side Panel Trim, Corbin Saddle Bags and Saddle Seat, Cruise Control, Jensen JHD910 stereo, Zumo 660 GPS
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 PM

Va group

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2themax View Post
You ask where others are but don't say where YOU are. I'm in WV but only 20 miles north of Winchester VA
I am considering a Spyder and have rode one one time for about 20 ft and had a hot rod rider accompanying me and I was not impressed but I have since wanted to try it again- I don;t know where to even look- it sees the Bluefield shop is th enearest to me.

Can anyone tell me if they are hard to steer in the curves as I read once? I also have concerns re many not-statring, and other clitches they seem to have and the maintience people don;t seem to know how to fix. Are you all having problems? I am an older lady who has riden both 2 wheels and a GW trike for many miles- just did 4000 to Nova Scotia- I ride long distances and alone a lot getting to other groups to join for trips so I need reliability, Can anyone give me any insight into this- I am too short for most real touring bikes and my GW is older and I could use something newer if it is reliable, some concern on not many dealers around- what happens to these on long trips when you have problems- anyone had any experience with this situation.

Thanks- I can;t buy many more bikes so I want one easy to get on and off and fun to ride too. Joan in the Mountains of Va
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 08:10 PM

Can-Am

Does anyone have any data on long distance traveling with the Can-Ann? I am looking and thinking of buying one. Thanks, Joan
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanJenn View Post
Does anyone have any data on long distance traveling with the Can-Ann? I am looking and thinking of buying one. Thanks, Joan
Last month I rode mine to Missouri and back...a distance of about 2000 miles. The ride was comfortable but I wish I'd had my highway pegs then. I have a group getting together to do a Catoctin Mountain/Gettysburg Battlefield run next month which will be about 200 miles including transit distance. Am planning to go to the Spyders in the Smokies in Gatlinburg TN in September...transit distance about 900 miles.

Several keys to a comfortable ride:
1) Risers or pull-backs to adjust your handlebars so you don't have to lean forward.
2) A better seat (BRP's Comfort Seat, Corbin Modular Saddle, or Russell's Day-Long seat) Each of these has it's own fan club
3) Highway pegs or floorboards so that you can stretch your legs

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.

Spyder Nation POW*MIA SE5

Cal-Sci 23.5 windshield, HID Fog lights, HID Headlights, Micron muffler, Triple Play II Taillight Kit, 5" Pullback bars, Footpeg kit, Center Console, Cup Holder, Mirror Extensions, Phantom Black Kit, 6 Spoke Wheels, Side Panel Trim, Corbin Saddle Bags and Saddle Seat, Cruise Control, Jensen JHD910 stereo, Zumo 660 GPS
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 AM

Newbie from Stafford VA

Hello all Virginia Can Am riders. I just joined the forum after test riding a Spyder last week. I'm definitely sold. My wife and I will be getting one hopefully in the next month or so and look forward to meeting up with and riding with any local Spyder owners. I plan to immediately add the Corbin seats and a back rest and probably change out the windscreen for a larger one. Hope to see you guys on the road soon.

Reggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode