Utah Spyder Riders? - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community
View Poll Results: Are you interested in participating in the Utah Spyder Riders Association?
You bet! 3 25.00%
Maybe. 4 33.33%
No way! 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Utah Spyder Riders?

What? No Utah riders? What's with that?

Well, there's one now: Me. Ta-daaaa!

Just bought a 2010 RS SE-5 and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

I've been riding motorcycles for more than 45 years and I've owned more bikes than most people have seen on the road (including three trikes and one sort-of trike, a Voyager). Well, it seems like I've had that many machines, anyway.

Always looking for something that supremely matched my personality and physical condition.

Made lots of modifications to every bike and eventually found that the Kawi 900LT best met my needs but, by the time, I'd become bored with riding two-wheelers and didn't enjoy riding trikes.

Then my son totalled his mother's 900LT so I gave her mine. Then my sister-in-law and her husband mentioned that they were interested in getting her a Spyder and I told them the downsides that I'd heard from an early adopter. To be fair, though, I felt I ought to see if the Spyder had improved any and, whallah! I became intrigued, then interested, and then persuaded and two days later I rode mine out of the dealer's lot.

I'm not into big group rides (been there, done that, don't anymore) but if there are other Spyder riders in Utah, it could be valuable for all of us to at least be aware of one another in case we can offer assistance, as needed.

So if there actually ARE other Utahns who own Spyders, then give some thought to participating here on this forum as a member of the "Utah Spyder Rider Association" (USRA). No, it doesn't exist in reality but I thought the name sounded cool. In fact, maybe I'll organize it real-time besides virtually here if there's enough interest. I've been a member of the Temple Riders for years where I served as Road Captain and TailGunner for many a ride and I organized the Wasatch Cruisers - a Vulcan riders motorcycle club that eventually expanded to include all bike makes and then degraded into a booze-binging outfit so I bailed. So if there is an interest in such a group, I might invest the time and effort to formalize it.

If you are a Utah Spyder rider, add a reply to his post and let's see how many of us there are.

By the way, I live in Orem, about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 06:43 PM

Hey Bill,

Good to see someone else from Utah on here!.. Bought my red SM5 about 2 months ago in Vegas and love it. I live in Draper and have seen a few Spyders around the South Valley. I just discovered this forum tonight by accident. Been hanging around spyderlovers.com. Congrats on your new purchase!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 PM

I also have a 2010 SM5 and I'm in SLC. I love my Spyder, but it'sin the shop for the second time with an oil leak. I hope they nail it this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:41 AM

If you are looking at forming a group, and are interested in being a part of Spyder Ryder of America, a national club with over 13 chapters and 400 members, drop me a line and I'll put you in contact with our national director. Chapters are independent, and are only as political/strict as they make themselves.

Our chapter in Vegas/Mojave Desert has about 40 members right now. Either way, good luck with the club. It is possible your dealer can put you in contact with other riders in your area.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 11:00 AM

Southern Utah Spyder Ryders

Hello.
We bought a new 2014 RT and have put 5000 miles on it down here since Aug.
We joined the local Southern Utah Spyder Ryders with some other local riders.
Anyone getting down to this area give a yell as we are most always up for a ride somewhere!
Up until 4 days ago it has been 55-60 degrees, so we have been riding down here when a lot of others had to put theirs up!
435-406-6988
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (96.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (100.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (98.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg The res 9-2013.jpg (54.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 035.jpg (94.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by UTAHKAT; 12-27-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: text
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 04:46 PM

Smile New Spyder RT Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by billutah View Post
What? No Utah riders? What's with that?

Well, there's one now: Me. Ta-daaaa!

Just bought a 2010 RS SE-5 and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

I've been riding motorcycles for more than 45 years and I've owned more bikes than most people have seen on the road (including three trikes and one sort-of trike, a Voyager). Well, it seems like I've had that many machines, anyway.

Always looking for something that supremely matched my personality and physical condition.

Made lots of modifications to every bike and eventually found that the Kawi 900LT best met my needs but, by the time, I'd become bored with riding two-wheelers and didn't enjoy riding trikes.

Then my son totalled his mother's 900LT so I gave her mine. Then my sister-in-law and her husband mentioned that they were interested in getting her a Spyder and I told them the downsides that I'd heard from an early adopter. To be fair, though, I felt I ought to see if the Spyder had improved any and, whallah! I became intrigued, then interested, and then persuaded and two days later I rode mine out of the dealer's lot.

I'm not into big group rides (been there, done that, don't anymore) but if there are other Spyder riders in Utah, it could be valuable for all of us to at least be aware of one another in case we can offer assistance, as needed.

So if there actually ARE other Utahns who own Spyders, then give some thought to participating here on this forum as a member of the "Utah Spyder Rider Association" (USRA). No, it doesn't exist in reality but I thought the name sounded cool. In fact, maybe I'll organize it real-time besides virtually here if there's enough interest. I've been a member of the Temple Riders for years where I served as Road Captain and TailGunner for many a ride and I organized the Wasatch Cruisers - a Vulcan riders motorcycle club that eventually expanded to include all bike makes and then degraded into a booze-binging outfit so I bailed. So if there is an interest in such a group, I might invest the time and effort to formalize it.

If you are a Utah Spyder rider, add a reply to his post and let's see how many of us there are.

By the way, I live in Orem, about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Hello fellow Spyder riders. I am Jack from Saint George UT and have been since Oct 2014. My Spyder is a RT 2015 and am loving it. Recently hooked-up with Spyder Group here in St. George. The group consists of approx. 12 to 14 bikes. Will know more as my partcipation becomes more involved. Happy Rider Jack
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckoma View Post
Hello fellow Spyder riders. I am Jack from Saint George UT and have been since Oct 2014. My Spyder is a RT 2015 and am loving it. Recently hooked-up with Spyder Group here in St. George. The group consists of approx. 12 to 14 bikes. Will know more as my partcipation becomes more involved. Happy Rider Jack

Any one interested please contact us...Let's ride!
Thanks Jack!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SRA So. UTAH.jpg (91.9 KB, 4 views)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2020, 08:47 PM

Hey Aloha, just bought a 2014 Spyder RT3 (has 14,000mi). Just moved to St. George from HI and love the weather and the Spyder. Am interested in hooking up with others and especially looking for advice on someplace/someone local for all maintenance.
DK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode