Looking for Spyder Riding Group in Ottawa area - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Looking for Spyder Riding Group in Ottawa area

Purchased a new Blue RTS in 2011 and love it !! Now I'm looking for other Sypder enthusiasts.

Are there any groups in the Ottawa area ?

I've seen many Spyders around ... I'm in the west end ...

Cheers,
Mike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 AM

Hi i'm a new spyder owner also .I've got a 2011 rts sm5 . I've been looking around for a spyder riding club too but have not found any here yet. I'm also in the west end of Ottawa.

Gary
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 AM

Garage
I'm in the Orleans area of Ottawa.

Don't know of any club either.

I got a buddy in the Casselman area with a Spyder and I've seen a few in the Rockland area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 AM

Pretty quiet in these forums, and I guess, it'll be even more so over the next 6 months of winter here in Ottawa.

Just joined, but would be interested in meeting some riders in the area.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:27 AM

Garage
Hi gchislett, as you can tell from my user name, I'm from the Ottawa area, used to be in Orleans but have since moved out of the city to eastern Ontario.

There is an Ontario Spyder group "Ontario Spyder Riders" on Facebook but they are based in southern Ontario.

In Ottawa, there is nothing that I know of.

However, in Gatineau (Hull), there is an organized group, they often hold events at the Gatineau site of the Loiselle Sports dealership.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 03:14 PM

I have to agree with ottawa-rider. I live in the Cornwall area, bought my first Spyder privately from a VanKleek Hill owner, (a Quebec machine). I then traded it at Loiselle in Casselman in the early Spring this year. I see other machines around the area but judging from the activity on this site, there is little organized activity. I have looked at the dealership to see if there are any flyers or posters announcing meets. Not much going on, it seems.
It may just be a question of numbers. I ride motorcycles too, and there are often marque-specific clubs who are always doing breakfast runs or charity events. I've seen a couple of Spyders at Rideau Carleton at the Wed Evening Old Car Show. (In the Parking lot).
I actually see many Spyder riders riding with a pack of motorcycles, and that seems to be a more common sight now. I suspect the Spyder people were bike riders who for one reason or another gravitated from 2 to 3 wheels. I'm 77 and it is just a safer and more comfortable way to ride. (Mind you, I can't seem to quit bikes altogether....still have 2...BUT no two-up riding on the bikes anymore.)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:52 AM

I live in the west end as well ... Barrhaven and most of the time I ride by myself as there is no group .
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 07:53 AM

there is a group on facebook called "Ottawa Spyder Ryders".
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2020, 11:19 AM

I just bought a 2008 spyder and lookng for others to ride with i a in the west end of Ottawa as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode