2016 Spyder RTS SE6, Orbital Blue - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-25-2020, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

2016 Spyder RTS SE6, Orbital Blue

Hi fellow CanAmSpyderForums Riders. Im GDOCSpyderLet yell you all a little about me. I started my career 1980 as a USAF Security Policeman. I retired in 1995. During my USAF career I was stationed at Randolph AFB, Osan AFB Korea and Lackland AFB, San Antonio Tx to name a few.

I attended the Police Academy at San Antonio college. While still in the USAF. I worked for a small Police Dept as a reserve police officer close to San Antonio, with a full commission as a Texas Peace Officer.

I retired in 1995 from the USAF. A year later I found my 2nd career with my department now for 24 years. I have a little less than two years to go to retirer.

GDoc is a nick name I got from my Chief. When our Chief was new to our department, and while on the range for department qualification, I fixed his Glock 22, Gen 2, replacing a few parts, extractor and a few springs. He continued qualification. My Chief said he was thinking of replacing his Glock 22, Gen 2 with a Glock 22 Gen 3. When I asked if he wanted to sell. He said heck no, with all the new parts you just installed, I've got a new Glock. Your my GDoc. This is how I got my Nickname. GDoc the Glock Doc.

I'm also my department's Firearms Instructor. But I've got just two more range weeks to go and I'll be done. July 2022, I'll have 41 years in police work. Time to play full time.

I've rode bikes as a teenager in Germany, the Honda 50 during high school years. Returning back to the USA, I rode a Honda 750. When I enlisted in the USAF and started a family, well the bike ridden days were placed on the back burner.

A few years ago I found my 1993 Goldwing in blue, same blue as my Spyder, rode for a few years. Trying to sell my GW now.

For the last year or more I wanted the Spyder so bad, well last month I found a Spyder in the color I like, Orbital Blue.

I was searching the internet when I found a 2016 Can Am Spyder RTS SE6 with only 1348 miles. I found the Spyder in Florida at Moramoto Powersports I was able to pick up the 2016 Spyder for $16,000., plus tax title and license.

9/5/2020 around 1615 pm, I was outside waiting for the transport company to arrive. I was like a kid in a toy store. Boy that was a long time ago.

I saw them turn onto my street. You can't mistake the outline of a Spyder. The guy who transported my new Spyder backed the Spyder off the trailer into my driveway.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I had not told my wife, I had purchased the Spyder. The transporter had drove off when my wife walked out of the house. She hadn't said anything, just looking at the Spyder. I'm thinking to myself I'm in deep doo doo. I better start thinking how big I need to build a bigger Dog House in the backyard.

She said what's this? I replied, "A Spyder". She then asked where did it come from? I replied Florida. She began to walk around the Spyder. Me, I'm thinking, I'm in deeper, deeper doo doo. To my surprise she says, "When do I get to go for a ride!". Of course my reply is, first we have to get you a helmet and jacket in any color you like. She was almost as happy as I was. Me like a kid, waking up on Christmas morning.

On 9/7/2020, grabbed the helmet and jacket and rode my new 2016 Spyder for the first time. I forgot to reset the trip counter, I was out for an hour or so. The wife calling, come home I want to go.... Dang next time I'll leave my cel at home.

I have a lot of plans to add a few accessories to my Spyder. But first I want to ride and get to know my Spyder.

Well that's all for now, I always say ride safe whatch out for 4 and 18 wheelers but most of all have a great time riding your Spyder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6000000012_1608899388672.jpg (94.2 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode