2020 Spyder RT Limited handlebars - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

2020 Spyder RT Limited handlebars

My wife just bought a 2020 Spyder RT Limited. We still own Harleys which we have ridden for decades. New to the three wheel "rig". She had a driver backrest put on but the handlebars are still about two inches too far away for her to use the backrest. I learned that the 2019 Spyder RT had a handlebar upgrade that was adjustable to several different positions. It seems they have no such thing for the 2020 models. We checked with dealer who was stumped on a solution. He is going to check for an aftermarket product that would work. Does anyone here have any ideas where I could go or look to find handlebars that can be adjusted or riser that would bring the hands back a couple inches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 06:52 AM

Garage
The 2020 RT has the option of the UFit handlebars (like the F3) to customize your sitting position, the dealer should have known about this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

If sitting farther forward on the seat would be generally beneficial, adding some kind of pad to the backrest might be an easy solution.
Being able to quickly and easily hit the brake pedal is kind of important too.

'17 RT Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 02:36 AM

I wanted you to see this. I'm new to this forum, but I've been following can am spyder rt's for a while. Getting ready to buy my first in a couple weeks. I hope this helps your wife. This guy also has the back rest and the handle bars are to far for him to be comfortable. So he changed them.

https://youtu.be/PpkkQZJStss

Last edited by Chwsho; 05-02-2020 at 02:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode