New England new member - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

New England new member

Hello out there I’m a new Can-America”if that’s a word”.Anyway I have a 2018 rt limited and I have some guestiions that I bet you guys can answer 1When I bought the bike the lead service guy said to bring it back in 600 miles for an oil change.l called other dealers including where I bought it and they all recommend Ed it at 3000 miles as per manual.Who do I go by. 2The semi automatic is clunky.Does this get smoother as the bike breaks in?3My instant mpg seems accurate but the average mpg’s always says 70.Is this something the dealer can calibrate 4 What is the average cost for the 3000 mile Break in . Sorry this is so long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Let's see......I think you already KNOW the answer to the oil change question. Go by the book.
And if you have multiple dealers fairly close, call for prices before you go anywhere for scheduled maintenance.
Some shops really ARE "stealers"......but not all of them.
I think a fair price is something around $150 unless you are near a place where EVERYTHING costs a fortune.

The automatic transmission is "clunky" only when it is cold OR if you try to treat it like a manual.
It is the same basic design as most all bike transmissions and they all clunk because of the design.
They shift best if:
You let the computer decide when to shift when slowing down. Close the throttle and enjoy.
When going UP, they shift best at "neutral throttle". That is, do NOT do anything with the throttle when shifting.
Let it rev up to the point where it stops pulling hard and then shift. Do NOT let off the throttle......in most cases.

The average MPG probably needs to be reset. Check your manual or ask the dealer.

'17 RT Limited
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys I have a new2018 rt and I love it.Was doing a little surfing online and came across a site comparing 10 motorcycle companies for reliability and Can-Am came in dead last.This scares me.Do these Spyders break down frequently and possibly leave you stranded. You would think bro would have a better rep considering the product s and the time they have been around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode