Texas future Ryker Rally owner - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Cool Texas future Ryker Rally owner

Hello everyone,

Texas is my home, I live in the country in a town called Alvarado, the biggest city near me is Dallas.
I'm looking forward to getting my first Can-am, I've been riding two-wheelers since high school. I currently own a 1978 Kawasaki 750 SS.
Due to a health issue, I was forced to stop riding it, so it sits in the backyard now for several years.
When I learned about the Spyders I was excited but then that did not last long when I found out how much they cost. needless to say, they are outside of my budget.
But when the Ryker was announced I got excited again, now this is something I can afford!
I am now looking at what will be the best option for me to purchase or lease?
By joining this forum I am eager to learn all about Can-am Spyders and the new Ryker!
Let the discussion commence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 AM

The best advise I can offer is to choose your dealer carefully. Most dealers don't have qualified techs. that can service/repair the Spyder, there too complicated and don't invest in their service techs. Most can't even align the front end. Ask to see their service department and to talk to their certified CanAm tech. then decide if they have earned your business. I have a 2016 RT Limited, so far no issues but scares the shit out of me if I have a problem. It a great machine and a lot of fun but I feel CanAm does not back you up with support. Some guys have had their Spyder in shop for 3 months waiting on repairs. The repairs are very expensive so you better get extended warranty. Good luck, enjoy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think I have EVER seen a lease offered for a new motorcycle.
I doubt that will be an option.

Anyway, in the long term a lease costs you MORE than making payments on a purchase.

With a lease, in the end you have........NOTHING.

'17 RT Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode