2018 Limited - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down 2018 Limited

I updated my can-am to the 2018 limited and am not pleased with the new and improved communication package that they installed. They took the CB away and use a cellphone as the sole communication device. Theres no way to tallk to other riders on the move. It's a pain to load the phone into the com-system. Hopefully some updates will help improve the way it works. The machine is great but the communications suck. They should have held up the release of the new update for a year and got the bugs out of it. ( Not a better Idea)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 AM

I think they going for the new technology...Bluetooth, nobody uses CB anymore. We use Sena headsets. When I power up headsets and my RT it connects automatically. First year seems to always have a few bugs. Enjoy the ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tremaine View Post
I updated my can-am to the 2018 limited and am not pleased with the new and improved communication package that they installed. They took the CB away and use a cellphone as the sole communication device. Theres no way to tallk to other riders on the move. It's a pain to load the phone into the com-system. Hopefully some updates will help improve the way it works. The machine is great but the communications suck. They should have held up the release of the new update for a year and got the bugs out of it. ( Not a better Idea)
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydercruza View Post
nobody uses CB anymore.
Quite wrong.

I belong to 3 riding groups and all of them use CB for "road captain" communications.

Let me know when your alternative gets a range of 2 miles.

'17 RT Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tremaine View Post
I updated my can-am to the 2018 limited and am not pleased with the new and improved communication package that they installed.
It might be new but definitely is NOT improved.
I got lucky when I got a left-over '17 instead of waiting for the new one.
Sorry that you didn't realize the limitations before you bought.

The only good alternative for CB seems to be J&M BUT.....it is a handlebar mount and mounting is tricky.
Their model that does bluetooth might integrate with the rest of the audio system......but I highly doubt it.

Side note: Watch out for this if you are shopping for a new car too. I scratched a lot of good cars off my list because they required a cell phone to make functions work that should be "self contained"......like GPS for instance.

'17 RT Limited
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:05 PM

Spydercruza -- I read your post regarding the 2018 Limiteds and the new technology they are using. What caught my eye with your post was that you use Sena headsets and said that when you power up the headsets The RT connects automatically. My husband and I have Sena 20S and we are having trouble pairing the Sena . Do you pair the Sena with the phone or to the bike?
Thanks!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcleavenger731 View Post
Spydercruza -- I read your post regarding the 2018 Limiteds and the new technology they are using. What caught my eye with your post was that you use Sena headsets and said that when you power up the headsets The RT connects automatically. My husband and I have Sena 20S and we are having trouble pairing the Sena . Do you pair the Sena with the phone or to the bike?
Thanks!
The current software version on the dash should be 13.20 and there is a new 20.3 update that should be available soon.

You delete any pairing of the headsets to the phone. You then pair headsets to the bike. You pair the phone to the bike. You plug the phone in and have it unlocked when you start the bike. Give it a minute or so and you'll be able to open BRP Connect on the dash and go from there.

Click the link below and you can select the 2019 limited models and find the operators manual which has instructions on how to use the new dash. I have yet to receive any response from BRP about sending updated books to the 2018 owners.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...a-fe3833ad01a4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode