Is there much of a difference in the ride 2015 vs 2019? - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Is there much of a difference in the ride 2015 vs 2019?

I just took a test drive of the new 2019 Spyder RT LTD semi-automatic transmission.. My wife and I loved it. Smooth and fun. The price tag of a new one is too pricey. I have been looking at several 2015 RT Limited editions and wanted to know if the ride is just as nice and smooth as the 2019? We are looking for low mileage out of state as there are no 2015s in California for sale right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I see no reason to expect that there would be a significant difference....generally, since I don't think any major design changes have been made.

2014 too as that's when the new engines came in.

BUT.....Calif. it picky about "importing" a used vehicle if it is not compliant with their emission standards.

'17 RT Limited
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

I checked the DMV site in CA and this is what is says

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:

Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older
Diesel powered 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
Electric
Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
Motorcycle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:49 PM

2014 RT SE6
Rides beautifully, smooth as silk.
I just had to learn the (feel)
Great machine
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:27 PM

I have a 2017 RTL and while it was in the shop, the dealership lent me a 2018 RTL, I have also ridden my mates 2014 RTL

Disclaimer - there can be huge differences in the way they come from the factory and the dealership pre sales work to affect the what you eventually ride.

I found the 2018 auto adjusting suspension impressive and I became intrigued at how good it was at adapting to the road conditions (I did a 4000 km road trip on it)
My mates 2014 is just was smooth to ride, and I couldnt see any major difference in the handling between to 2014 (12000kms), 2017(15000kms), 2018 (450kms).

I was concerned that the dash on the 2018 would be problematic and I wasn't a fan of it, and a number of owners locally report issues with the phone app integration.

I don't think you'd go wrong getting a good 2015 RT, I think tide comfort would be as good, maybe not as "sassy" as the later models.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:20 PM

I traded my 14 RT for a 19 and the ride is the same. 😊 Electronics are the only difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode