Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

2015 RTS poor / no AM/FM radio reception

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 ·
Radio reception is poor or non-existent for both AM and FM bands. This it is not a location issue because my Goldwing parked next to the Spyder gets great reception. I did check the antenna connection and ground and all appears fine. The sound system works fine with an Ipod. Any ideas?

#4 · (Edited)
I checked the connection by physically taking off body panels to get to the radio and antenna to verify connections.
No offense intended here but just looking at the connections is not good enough.

You need to check the cable and antenna itself with an ohm meter to be sure the center conductor at the radio is connected to the antenna mast.....and that the shield is connected to ground at both ends and is NOT shorted to the antenna.

My reception is not as good as my car.......but I didn't expect it to be.
It picks up "local" FM fine. I have not tried AM.....because I don't care about that.

#7 ·
Mine doesn't work well either. It picks up ONE station & even that is static. I use my phone anyway but I do like the option sometimes.
IF.....you live in or near Metro Atlanta, your antenna is likely not connected right.
I got a LOT of stations when I was there. (FM)

If you live out in the Georgia "boonies"......then all bets are off !! :tango_face_grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.