Bluetooth Questions for RT - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Question Bluetooth Questions for RT

Please, first let me try to explain what I want to do with my 2016 RT LTD.
I am wanting to be able to stream wireless from my smartphone (Pandora, Sirius, IheartRadio, MP3's) to my RT's sound system, also I would like to be able to route the sound to my Sena 10U headset in my Shoei when desired. I know that I can utilize a Bluetooth receiver hooked into the Aux and USB in the trunk to get the sound out of the bike's speakers. I also know that I could just stream directly from the phone to the headset and bypass the bike altogether, but where's the fun in that?
My question is: Would the Sena Sm10 serve both needs, receive the stream from the phone and input it into the bikes sound system, and while doing that if desired, output a stream to the headset?
I hope I haven't made this too confusing, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:11 PM

I believe you can only pair up one device at a time. Also I think you can pair to gps for music Tru sound system but you get into slave/ master setup on which gets priority. I have a 10C and wife has SMH10. Wish I could be of more help

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

spydercruza,

Thanks for the help, I was thinking about using the gps but didn't want to have to worry about it disappearing and only use it when on long trips or trying to find unfamiliar locations. The biggest problem with the SM10 is the having to open the trunk and turn it on every time I get back on the bike also it seems to be old tech and it is only a transmitter. I did find an inexpensive receiver on amazon that comes on when powered up and should be what I need to get some decent sounds coming out of the bike's speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:44 PM

I have NOT been able to do both the Sena 10 headset AND the RT's audio's sys @ the same time. I've read that w/a dongle it can be done but I'm frugal...lol
What works 4 me is via the GARMIN GPS. I first pair my phone w/the GPS, THE PHONE IS SET for PANDORA OR SIRIUS. Then I pair the SENA 2 the GPS... so I get turn by turn directions & the music.
When I don't want to stream to the headset I keep it off. Now comes the tricky part is having the Ipod connected in the trunk but not Bluetooth connected. What happens sometimes is when I loose the signal from PANDORA OR Sirius it automatically switches to the Ipod.
Also check the audio settings & be patient I find it's tricky.... Lots of luck... hope this helps?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:54 AM

"DISAPPEARING" GPS? there r locking systems but I simply remove it & place it in the glove compartment & turn my wheels & lock the steering column & the glove compartment & most won't even know it's there...
What do u mean "having to go open the trunk & turn it on", what r u turning on? I have a Sena I believe 10 on my helmet...& I connect via Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:06 PM

I put a bt receiver in trunk and also put a Y splitter and put a bt transmitter on that

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 04:28 PM

uclear bluetooth to sena sm10

I was wondering if anyone knew if you could pair two Uclear bluetooth Amp- model helmet sets, to the sena sm10 installed on a canam spyder rt limited 2016? Motorcycle Dave has a web site with a 20 minute video on installing the unit and he said it can be done. what Im looking for is to have the spyders radio and gps come threw while riding.I don,t need my phone and any ipod to hook up to the sena.I only want the radio so I can hear it and don,t need the radio so loud that the hole county can hear it as I go by. A dealer that i spoke to used a dongle system. the unit looks just like the sena sm10. Thanks you spyder lovers.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 PM

Garage
I have been able to pair my Uclear HBC-200, AMP Plus to the Sena SM10 with no problems. Most BT headsets can pair to several devices at the same time. What you can't do is pair to the phone AND to the bike. Pair the phone to the bike then pair the headset to the bike.

All you can get by pairing to the bike is the radio or AUX from any device like a smartphone. What you play on the smartphone can be whatever but the bike can only control the volume. In order to change channels or apps would require having the phone accessible to rider or passenger.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:45 AM

uclear bluetooth to sena sm10

Thank you for the follow up on the UCLEAR bluetooth. I will probably go threw with the purchase then. I will never BUY a UCLEAR device again. The company doesn,t answer there calls or responds to Emails. I will never Buy any of there products. Good luck to all, if we have problems there won,t be anyone to help us. Thanks again for you help. Thank you Flamewinger.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder joe190 View Post
Thank you for the follow up on the UCLEAR bluetooth. I will probably go threw with the purchase then. I will never BUY a UCLEAR device again. The company doesn,t answer there calls or responds to Emails. I will never Buy any of there products. Good luck to all, if we have problems there won,t be anyone to help us. Thanks again for you help. Thank you Flamewinger.
I've not had much better from Sena but after using both Sena and Uclear I find the Uclear to have much better sounds.

If you need help figuring out the headsets, check Youtube for videos on how to use them.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode