Can this be done on sts model ? Pls help ! - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Talking Can this be done on sts model ? Pls help !

Ok I have an I phone and I pod , I saw can am offers a accessory I pod wire ,
Q. Can I use this iPod wire with my iPod or iPhone for GPS or to play music thru the factory speakers .

2. Then I thought my sts came with speakers since I see where the two speakers would go in the front . So then I need to purchase speakers .

My reasons for the easy way and most affordable , I priced out the radio and GPS from can am with the install since my sts is radio ready as the dealer said , the price quoted for this is $2800.00 which is redunkculous! I ask why so expensive if the sts is radio ready and wat does radio ready mean .

I can use my IPhone GPS and music I can play from My phone ,
Does any one know can this be done thou the factory speakers that I have to buy! Pls help , lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderators

one question at a time

Since not too many have a STS I will answer for an older RT

1> yes you can play your IPod thru the factory speakers

2> If you don't have speakers then yes you will need to buy them, but there are better and less expensive speakers, I am pretty sure these will fit a ST

J&M Products for the CanAm Spyder RT

now I can't tell you IF you need the actual radio but I assume you more than likey will to br able to hook the speakers up to

why not get a blu tooth headset system? then you won't need any speakers or factory radio? or even a cable, just need one to keep your fone/ipod charged

2011 RT Ltd, ISCI floorboards/cruiser boards and LED nut with custom Halo kit and custom Fusion power plant, 50 SPF sunblock and cheap sunglass, total Grfx on bike and matching trailer
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Leaning towards the tooth !

Thanks for the reply just hate to spend extra money when I have an iPhone that has GPS and plays music with Bluetooth I think your correct that would be the way to go , I have to do my first service and I am going to see if it can be done with out the factory radio ! I will keep ya posted .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 05:47 AM
Super Moderators

sounds good

that's why a lot of people opt for the higher model to start with then you normally don't have these kind of issues

ask Bob what he had to do to upgrade his.. lot of work and money

2011 RT Ltd, ISCI floorboards/cruiser boards and LED nut with custom Halo kit and custom Fusion power plant, 50 SPF sunblock and cheap sunglass, total Grfx on bike and matching trailer
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Meeting another Spyder sts today to see the music set up !

Spoke with a friend last couple days on the phone last week he just got his new toy , he installed a set of speakers and plays every thing thru his I phone , meeting with him today to check out his set up , he felt the same way I do nit spending tons of money on the stock radio and GPS set up when one can easily use their smart phone ! I will post up his set up . He can play his music and also use the GPS thru the speakers of the bike .
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:08 PM

Speakers and using the iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&Jspyder View Post
Spoke with a friend last couple days on the phone last week he just got his new toy , he installed a set of speakers and plays every thing thru his I phone , meeting with him today to check out his set up , he felt the same way I do nit spending tons of money on the stock radio and GPS set up when one can easily use their smart phone ! I will post up his set up . He can play his music and also use the GPS thru the speakers of the bike .
Did you find speakers that fit you STS? Also did you find a way to connect your iPhone to the speakers? I can't afford the can am radio and just would love to find a way to connect speakers to my STS and use them with my iPhone .
Thanks
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 05:48 AM

Any update on this? We have a 2013 ST-S without the factory radio. It's ridiculous the pricing BRP has on the upgrade kit.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 04:55 PM

There are dealers online that have them for 5 to 6 hundred, still very steep, but better. I have the same 2013 ST-S and the issue I am running into is I keep getting told that the 2012 radio won't work in the 2013. It seems to be the same system from what I can tell. Does anybody have any info on that?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 08:59 AM

Also interested

I too have a 2013 ST-S and would love to upgrade to a radio. Just wondering if there are any updates to this thread.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 09:57 PM

Has anyone added or upgraded their ST-S's audio? I have a 2014 ST-S, and would love to have some good sounding tunes while riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode