Check engine light - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Klbrnr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Check engine light

Ok so the lights are still coming on even after they replace the battery itís back at the shop been eight months in the shop and help the lights are Check engine and transmission check engine and transmission the codes are U0101 and U0303
Iíve been talking back and forth with Canam I have a case open with them they also been talking with the dealership to help them try to fix it but they canít itís in there now theyíre still trying to fix it any help would appreciate thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

OK......I know that you are mad and frustrated and I am sorry about that BUT............

You already have one discussion thread on here about this.
If a dealer with help from CanAm can't figure it out, it is not likely that anyone reading this will be able to help either......no matter how many times you ask.

The time you spend typing messages in forums like this likely would be better spent in calling CanAm......every day if necessary.

'17 RT Limited
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 03:50 PM

Sorry to hear about all your issues. Based on your previous posts it sounds like there have been a number of corrective measures attempted in the form of parts, computer scans, battery replacement etc.

The fact nothing you have done seems to have corrected the issue makes it sound more likely to me you may have a bad electronic control module. The ECM is the brain of your Spyder. Although not a common fail item it’s not unheard of for them to go bad either which can cause issues with running properly, transmission shifting issues, throwing codes, etc. There is no way to test this other than replacement unfortunately and really is a last resort if every other conceivable thing that could cause this has been looked into (sensors, oil levels, BUDS scans). I really think the ECM in your case should be considered suspect if your dealer hasn’t. I do hope I’m wrong because it won’t be cheap however you may need to begin preparing yourself. Let us know how you make out and good luck!
Pgthedj2012 likes this.

Last edited by Klbrnr; 01-27-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks but they replaced the ECM already and still getting same codes
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 03:56 AM

I’m also assuming the gear position sensor has been looked at?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes they replaced that too
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 03:38 PM

I just wonder if they put the right one in. As I understand it, different year bikes have slightly different ECM's. The same goes for the dash screens.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 04:01 PM

U0101 and U0303 codes relate to a communication problem somewhere between the ECM and the various electronic systems on the bike. It could even be as simple as a poor connection in a connector, cracked or broken wire, etc. I would try inspect all the various electrical connections on the bike including the ground. I would examine the connecting pins and if you have the knowledge test for electrical current. Before plugging the connectors back in give them a dab of dielectric grease. Did the previous owner add anything in the form of after market accessories, power commander, lights, etc? Tying after market accessories into the original electrical system could also cause you problems.

Whatever your issue very much sounds like an electrical fault somewhere which can be a real pain in the butt to find.

Last edited by Klbrnr; 01-29-2020 at 04:14 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 05:26 AM

I had an issue with the piece on the left handle bar that you control your dash with, radio, trip and settings. When it was on the handle bars like normal it would throw codes. When it was apart just hanging there it was fine, no codes.They replaced it and never had a problem after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode