BRP Connect - Page 2 - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 07:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
The one thing that bugs me is when someone buys a new bike and then tries to make it like their old one.
What bugs ME is people who think their opinion is the only valid one.

A close second is those who automatically believe that everything "new" is better. Sometimes it isn't.

For getting a quick overview of a proposed route, you still can't beat a paper map in a lot of cases.

'17 RT Limited
Easy Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:42 PM
Member
 
Flamewinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: California
Posts: 30
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
What bugs ME is people who think their opinion is the only valid one.

A close second is those who automatically believe that everything "new" is better. Sometimes it isn't.

For getting a quick overview of a proposed route, you still can't beat a paper map in a lot of cases.
I'm not posting opinions. I don't always believe newer is better but when someone buys a newer bike they should expect new features and should learn how to use them instead of wasting it. I didn't know we were talking about maps as this subject is about the new tech dash some of the new Spyder's come with.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
Flamewinger is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
I'm not posting opinions.
What exactly would you call it then ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
The one thing that bugs me is when someone buys a new bike and then tries to make it like their old one.

'17 RT Limited

Last edited by Easy Rider; 02-26-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Easy Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:13 PM
Member
 
Flamewinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: California
Posts: 30
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
What exactly would you call it then ??
Facts, just read the posts. I read many posts about how new owners want the old Garmin even when they buy the new ones with the tech dash. I read where riders want to add a brake lever because they miss it and one rider believed that since the front brakes provide 70% braking he wanted a front brake. Thinking the Spyder didn't come with front brakes. I read where riders want to change the brake pedal or add a heel peg like their last bike had so they didn't have to lift the foot. "My old bike had . . ." Comes up many times.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
Flamewinger is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
Facts, just read the posts.
Just because it came out of your head does NOT necessarily make it a fact.

People are allowed their own opinions......and none of them are "wrong".

YOu are creating an argument over OPINIONS and that is almost never productive.

And yes I like my integrated Garmin. It works right every time.

Just because things are new does not automatically make them better.

If you think that BRP changed over to making "enhanced" features available only via an owner provided cell phone.......you are being very short sighted. It was because of COST and PROFIT........and a LOT more owners hate it than like it, if you believe the ratio of posts that show up here.

'17 RT Limited
Easy Rider is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Member
 
Flamewinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: California
Posts: 30
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
Just because it came out of your head does NOT necessarily make it a fact.

People are allowed their own opinions......and none of them are "wrong".

YOu are creating an argument over OPINIONS and that is almost never productive.

And yes I like my integrated Garmin. It works right every time.

Just because things are new does not automatically make them better.

If you think that BRP changed over to making "enhanced" features available only via an owner provided cell phone.......you are being very short sighted. It was because of COST and PROFIT........and a LOT more owners hate it than like it, if you believe the ratio of posts that show up here.
I didn't say they were wrong. I'm saying that there are many that want to make the new bike like their old one. The fact that they are posting their opinions makes it a fact that it's happening. BRP is going tech because many other vehicles and motorcycles are doing it. Using Garmin on a smartphone is way easier than on a Garmin unit. If new owners actually tried to figure out the new dash they wouldn't hate it but since they're so far behind in technology is why they hate it.

Keep up with the new tech and new designs and you won't hate it. What's really funny is many spend much more $$$$ to buy the newest bike and then make it old and spending even more to do it.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
Flamewinger is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
Keep up with the new tech and new designs and you won't hate it.
A gross ASSumption that definitely is not correct across the board.

Making your customers alpha test your new technology for you is a stupid game that I refuse to play.

'17 RT Limited
Easy Rider is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:27 PM
Member
 
Flamewinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: California
Posts: 30
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
A gross ASSumption that definitely is not correct across the board.

Making your customers alpha test your new technology for you is a stupid game that I refuse to play.
Then don't buy anything new.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
Flamewinger is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
Then don't buy anything new.
That's a ridiculous statement to make.
But I guess it depends on your definition of "new".
I actually try to avoid Version 1 of any product.

Just because it is new does NOT also mean that it is not properly tested or that the design is defective on incomplete.

I try to reward companies that do their job right by buying their products........and NOT reward those who put out junk.

'17 RT Limited
Easy Rider is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Member
 
Flamewinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: California
Posts: 30
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
That's a ridiculous statement to make.
But I guess it depends on your definition of "new".
I actually try to avoid Version 1 of any product.

Just because it is new does NOT also mean that it is not properly tested or that the design is defective on incomplete.

I try to reward companies that do their job right by buying their products........and NOT reward those who put out junk.
Good for you. Let others figure it out then you will have it easier. I like to help and love to try new stuff and instead of complaining I share my thoughts and learn from others. Quite a few time someone new has taught me a thing or two, and that's what this is all about, helping each other and not putting them down.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at90635PM.png
Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 6200 miles so far . . .
'13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
'04 GL1800 with 91k miles
'97 GL1500 with 87k miles
'95 GL1500 with 102k miles
'89 GL1500 with 96k miles
'83 GL1100 with 117k miles
'81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
'79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
GWRRA - 38 yrs - Life Member
AMA - 39 yrs
Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?
Flamewinger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome