falling off feeling - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By silvergoose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Question falling off feeling

why on the spyder you feel like your gonna fall off sideways but in a car you don't feel that side force pushing you off just wondering ?/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 12:20 AM

No doors, no back to the seat, no safety belt. Yeah I know, been here a while, just amused me.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 07:33 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Relax, worry less and ride more. You are not going to fall. Have you ridden a two wheeled bike, did you fall, did it deter you from riding?

If the feeling of falling continues, just put pressure on the outside foot and the outside handlebar, all will be good.

Good Luck
RedRTS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Your sitting on the Spyder not in it and on three wheels

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:21 AM

This is a little late but for anyone it might help.................I've been riding 2 wheels for over 50 years and recently purchased a 2018 F3 Spyder. I found that in turns, applying pressure on the outside foot and handlebar as well as leaning your body to the inside helps.

Steve
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batterysteve View Post
This is a little late but for anyone it might help.................I've been riding 2 wheels for over 50 years and recently purchased a 2018 F3 Spyder. I found that in turns, applying pressure on the outside foot and handlebar as well as leaning your body to the inside helps.
Pressing your inside knee to the "tank" area helps too.

'17 RT Limited
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 06:11 AM

I've watched a lot of reviews that seem to differ on this point. Some say lean, some say dont lean. I have zero balance on a 2 wheeler.. cant ride one at all.. seeing the the Spyder would largely negate the need to balance, cornering is a concern... I've never driven a snowmobile nor a can am, nor a two wheeler (as above). Is there actually a hard and fast rule about how to corner effectively or it is simply down to practice. In theory leaning into the turn makes the most sense.. in saying that, I dont have to unlearn years of motorcycle riding experience.. so I kind of put this cornering issue down to a majority of skilled motorcycle riders learning a new machine as opposed to any inherent difficulty of said machine... would this be a fair comment? In any case I would like to hear from seasoned can am riders... do you lean into the turns?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalus View Post
do you lean into the turns?
Yes, some.
Not like hanging off the low side of a racing bike though.

And for an entirely different reason.

IF....a 3 wheeler hits a bump with the inside front wheel in the middle of a hard turn, it will try to THROW YOU OFF to the outside.

Other than looking a bit strange, there is no good reason NOT to lean in a bit on turns.

'17 RT Limited
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 05:16 AM

Falling Off

The feeling of being pushed off by force of a turn on a Spyder is the same as a snow mobile, it is as many suggests ways to ride, if new to riding , slow down get more time in saddle and you will adapt to 3 wheels, rode 2 wheels for 56 years, a F3 for almost 3 Yrs. I t takes time and miles in the saddle, enjoy the Spyder as I do, its fun to ride.

Gray Hawk

75 Kawasaki KS 125 Enduro
81 Honda CB 400T
82 Honda Goldwing Stsndard GL 1100
83 Honda CM 450 E
07 Suzuki SV 650
15 Spyder F3 SM6
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 09:02 AM

Time in

It does take some time for your body to learn to react, naturally, to the forces experienced on the Cam Am. I rode 2 wheels for 50+ years. It took about 800 miles to get my body to "learn" to react correctly to the forces in tight turns. I thought there was no way I could ride the Spyder at freeway speeds. I have a little over 3000 miles on my F3t, and have ridden the Tail of the Dragon, several times, and freeway speeds are no problem. Take it slow, and build up your seat time. It's a great machine.

Ride on!

Carsong

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode