Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Page 2 - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM

Cool Let those who ride decide

I have had several people (non motorcycle riding) say that they don't mind a motorcycle being a little loud. They say there have been times the noise let them know there was a motorcycle next to them that they would not have known was there.
viking likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 01:01 PM

I ride a two wheeler and as of Saturday now also a Spyder. I noticed that after I changed to aftermarket pipes on my bike ppl do not cut me off as much. They are not obnoxiously loud but a little blip on the throttle certainly makes ppl notice me more. And I have friends who say the same thing.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 04:53 PM

Garage
I don't believe loud pipes save lives, but I do not mind loud pipes. That may come from 50 years on a two wheeler.

As for the sound going BEHIND the rider, although true, then I suggest a hearing test if you don't hear them coming.
You may not know the true direction, but you definitely know they are there AND THAT is what they are about. One word - AWARENESS!
As for my RT, they are LOUD but not OBNOXIOUS, but then neither were my two wheelers. After all, who wants to wake the neighbors at all hours of the day?
My guess only an AHOLE

AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle.com View Post

Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.

Las Vegas, NV
2014 RT-S
Cat Bypass / Bajaron Sway Bar w/links
Decals by Purple Harley / Sena SM-10
Magic Strobe / Rivco Highway Brackets
Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs / Corbin Seat & Rider Back Rest
Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
I noticed that after I changed to aftermarket pipes on my bike ppl do not cut me off as much.
If your perception of a bike rider with loud pipes is that he might be a real outlaw........who might be armed and not reluctant to use it........wouldn't you be a bit more reluctant to create a confrontation ??
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
If your perception of a bike rider with loud pipes is that he might be a real outlaw........who might be armed and not reluctant to use it........wouldn't you be a bit more reluctant to create a confrontation ??
I really could not care less what ppl think of me. But if they avoid "confrontation" because of that, then fine by me. At least I'm safer in traffic.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
At least I'm safer in traffic.
That isn't necessarily true either.

If road rage happens.....someone in a car can run your ass over and it won't make any difference how many tats or guns you have.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
That isn't necessarily true either.

If road rage happens.....someone in a car can run your ass over and it won't make any difference how many tats or guns you have.
Road rage can happen just because someone didn't have their morning coffee, forgot to take their meds etc. And who says I have tats or guns?! Back to the topic, my experience shows that ppl notice me more with louder pipes. And they are not obnoxious, not just the OEM sewing machine sounding pipes.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM

Cool

Personally I like it quiet so I can hear the music don't care if you have load pipes or not in a group I'll just ride in the back. Have ridden behind loud Harleys for thousands of miles and it's a pain in the ass but to each his own, on the other hand when i was younger 60 years ago i liked loud pipes too haha
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 07:11 AM

Garage
intercom

I would rather rear my wife telling to SLOW DOWN, GET BACK in OUR LANE, DO we need GAS YET...only after a hour, the sound of her sleeping.... rare but has happened

I would love to hear even less from our stock 2012 Rt, at 60 mph its fine, after 70 its a little load, plus a water a 1/2 helmet
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle.com View Post

Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.
Rode motorcycle for 55 yrs. never had a loud bike and don't want one. Annoys public, store owners who can't open doors on hot days to their businesses, can't have a quiet family picnic along the Niagara River without a flock of Loud Junk of any make and model. Seems to me the reason for noise comes across is " Look at me aren't I great". I prefer a stock exhaust for a lot of reasons , loud pipes decease horsepower by taking away muffler back pressure, this also destroys gas economy, extra cost to purchase noise makers and cost mapping of fuel system. I would rather have a stock quiet spyder or motorcycle that I can enjoy the peace of mind from phones and business from a busy day without having a loud noise rattling in my helmet.
No road authority has proven that loud or stock bikes have any bearing on frequency of accidents. I ride and build vintage bikes for relaxation and for other riders. I hAVE SAID MY PEACE , WETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT.
Current Machines
1981 Honda Hawk CB 400t
1983 Honda CM 400e
1982 Honda GL 1100 Goldwing ( Standard )
2007 Suzuki SV 650 ( Sport Bike)
2015 Can Am Spyder F3 SM6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode