2018 F3-T audio - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

2018 F3-T audio

Does anyone have information to share on improving the audio system in the 2018 models? Amp install and upgraded speaker system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 07:24 AM

What's your objective here ??

I don't understand this.....on a motorcycle.....as there is engine noise, exhaust noise and wind noise which all tends to degrade the subtle "high quality" tones of an "improved" music system. Seems like a waste of time and money to me.

'17 RT Limited
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 01:39 PM

Wink audio upgrade

I agree with the comments regarding "what do you want?".
I also have a BMW K1600 GTL with an audio system. at higher speeds, >50mph, the sound is just too degraded
to hear. you might try using in helmet audio system (Cardo, Senna etc). the speakers are pretty good.

my biggest issue is trying to program the audio system for radio presets. if anyone has figured this out, please forward instructions
[email protected].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Basically, the audio system is very basic. I Want upgrade and improve the quality of the speakers,add an amp, and maybe speakers on the bags.

Wondering anyone has had audio upgrades done on their 2018 f3-t

OJP
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Basically the factor system is basic and minimal quality. Want to upgrade the lower with an amp and new speakers and possibly add speakers. Just wondering if anyone has done work to their 2018

OJP
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:18 PM

Having ridden only about 300 miles on my new Spyder F3 Limited, my first impressions include a need to upgrade the audio. If you have upgraded your audio system, please share what you have done and why.

Again, my first impression about what is needed are better quality speakers and a higher powered amp.

2018 CanAm F3 Limited, Black/Chrome
North Central Florida
Retired
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 01:44 PM

F3 audio

I alos have a 2018 F3. I don't think upgrading on the bike is worth it. the music would have to be very loud to be heard above 45mph and that would be very obnoxious to any other rider/driver around use. My suggestion is to get an in-helmet audio system and use the Bluetooth connection with in-helmet speakers. I use a Cardo system with an itouch and it works very well. easy to hear without being rude to others on the road.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 05:57 PM

turn the base off altogether it will improve
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 02:12 PM

I also thought to upgrade audio speakers. Depending on your phone though, and the current updates to brp connect etc, the sound gets louder the faster you go. I noticed by mistake or fumbling with things that the music thru my phone using whatever music app would adjust according to my speed/rpm. So what I thought wasn't loud enough is plenty loud. But, because I keep the volume maxed there is a lil crackling on the bass side depending. which is why I would get a stronger speaker. Hope I helped lil bit.luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode