Can-Am Spyder Forums:  The Y-factor Community

Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community (https://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/)
-   Can-Am Spyder F3 Discussion (https://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/can-am-spyder-f3-discussion/)
-   -   New f3 limited (https://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/can-am-spyder-f3-discussion/25812-new-f3-limited.html)

Pnp266 07-26-2018 04:01 AM

New f3 limited

Hello, so my new2018 f3 limited is arriving tomorrow, I got the black with the dark package. I am so excited. Took a long time for me to finally order it. Where I live the dealers dont let you test drive so this is basically site and ride unseen. I only rode a motorcycle for a year than got pregnant and stopped, so its been 4 years and I am so excited to get it. Any tips or tricks would be awesome. Please dont be negative about me buying one with no test drive I did my research and this is for me, felt like me and my husband were going to die on Harleys freewheeler. Tia

Easy Rider 07-26-2018 08:17 AM

Impossible to comment without being "negative" so..........
I wish you luck.

spyderdave 07-26-2018 10:34 AM

A Spyder rides a lot different than a traditional 2 wheeled motorcycle. It took me about 200 miles to get comfortable. I had to learn to keep my torso loose and get used to the buffeting while in traffic.

Also, Spyders are WIDE. Don't catch the front inside wheel on a curb or cross over lines into other lanes. Start out on empty streets to get comfortable.

hrd24gt 07-27-2018 06:11 PM

I love my F3. Never rode a motorcycle but loved four-wheelers. To me it rides more like one. I would start off slow. I have had mine 6 weeks. Been on interstate for 3/4 of mile. Good luck

Freddy 07-29-2018 06:15 PM

What Dave said.

MakoShark2 08-16-2018 03:19 PM

Similar experience to mine.

Just pulled the trigger on a 2018 F3S without ever driving one.

No test drive unit available at the closest dealer (60miles) I would have to travel 500miles to be able to try one.

But I'm pretty sure I made the right decision, not afraid of the change and after 30 (more or less) of solo riding it's time to travel with the Misses at the back and my actual two wheeler wouldn't give me the comfort and security of the Spyder.

Good luck with the new ride.

Orestes Porras 08-18-2018 10:13 PM

You will not be disappointed!,,,,

CJDavis 08-21-2018 07:37 AM

Congratulations!!!! I went from 2 to 3 wheels (due to bad knee) and have no regrets. I took the 3 wheeled class to learn the differences between the handling, breaking, etc. There is a bit of difference...mostly, I was grabbing for the clutch and hand brake! Ha. It is an awesome ride. If you do not have the 3 wheel CanAm class available to you, watch some YouTube videos and take her out on side streets or empty parking lot to practice! Took me a few days to get really comfortable. Not looking back! Good Luck! Welcome to the Family. Join the Girls on Spyders Facebook group too!!!

MarkJames 08-27-2018 09:55 AM

Really Easy Rider...so why even reply?
A warm welcome would be a nice way to start!
Welcome Pnp 266, take it slow till you feel comfortable and there's a nanny system to keep you safe if you overstep it.

Easy Rider 08-29-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkJames (Post 118322)
Really Easy Rider...so why even reply?

Because this current obsession with "negativity" is unhealthy.
Sometimes the best advice you can get is "negative".

A comment pointing out the shortcomings or dangers of something is NOT being unfriendly.
Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.

Yes, Mark, REALLY.

P.S. I would be REALLY nice if she would come back here and update us on how she is doing with her new ride.....without any negativity, of course.