Ok Alabama,we cannot be left out - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Ok Alabama,we cannot be left out

I noticed that Alabama was the only one here without a post so here goes;

I am Dee from Trussville Alabama, I took delivery of my 2011 Black RTS last Wednesday. I am loving it, just under 300 miles but that's only because I have to work. I expect that to increase this weekend. Hope the weather guys miss it and we don't get a lot of rain. Otherwise, I will just be a wet sypder rider from Alabama

Others from Alabama???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspyder View Post
I noticed that Alabama was the only one here without a post so here goes;

I am Dee from Trussville Alabama, I took delivery of my 2011 Black RTS last Wednesday. I am loving it, just under 300 miles but that's only because I have to work. I expect that to increase this weekend. Hope the weather guys miss it and we don't get a lot of rain. Otherwise, I will just be a wet sypder rider from Alabama

Others from Alabama???
Hey Dee , I have not taken my 2011 Spyder RSS to work the last 2 days because of the weather. I think we got our bikes at or around the same time. I got mine on a Monday May 2nd and I have about 305 miles on it so far. I Plan on putting some miles on it tommorow because I am working the overnight shift so I can get some riding in. I am afraid to get my Spyder wet.. lol
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Hey Spydergirl,

I have never rode on wet roads yet so I am a little nervous about that but after a long week at work I know I will have to get out and ride and the chances of a thunder shower is pretty good this weekend.

I am also still a little concerned about s squeeky sound in my front end (tire area) especially when the bike is cold. I know I need to take it to the dealer but that's about two hours away and I hate to be without the bike while its in the shop. Hubby thinks it may be a drive belt and I am not sure if it will hurt the bike to ride it before it is diagnosed,

Anyway, I hope you (and all our Spyder friends) get to ride and not get wet this weekend.

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 AM

The Spyder on a wet road is as safe as a car although your nanny (VSS, traction control) may kick in a lot depending on conditions. It sometimes gets aggravating but it can save your butt. I don't like riding in the wet either but the reason is that I know I will have to wash it and washing the Spyder is more trouble that washing the car. David
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 AM

Looks like no one has responded to this thread in years, but you now have another Alabama rider (North Shelby county, not far from Trussville). Send a PM sometime.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 06:31 PM

Another new rider from Leeds here..... Lets resurrect this forum for us Bama riders,

Mike Tribble
2014 RT Ltd Black Currant
Leeds, Al
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
Another new rider from Leeds here..... Lets resurrect this forum for us Bama riders,
New Spyder Ryder in Madison/Harvest AL, I picked up my 2013 Spyder RT Limited on 27 September 2014. Let's get things going again for Alabama!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 12:31 PM

This Saturday there is a Spyder ride to and around Cheaha state park sponsored by the Tennessee Valley Spyder ... something or other. Here is a quote from their website.

A scenic ride from Sylacauga through Cheaha State Park and back around to the Covered Bridge at Waldo / Riddle Mill. Lunch at the Old Mill at the Waldo / Riddle Mill Covered Bridge. From there we will go to the Kymulga Coverd Bridge and then back to Chelsea.

Riders from the Birmingham area who want to ride in a group from Birmingham we will meet at 8:00 am at the intersection of Hwy 280 and Hwy 119. There is a large gas station there, I think it is a Shell station.
Please RSVP so we can give the restaurant a total before we get there.

I think this is where you can register.

SCENIC RIDE AROUND CHEAHA STATE PARK - Tennessee Valley Spyder Ryder of America (Birmingham, AL) - Meetup

Hope you can make it.

Dale Scruggs, reformed two-wheeler
Birmingham, AL
White 2014 RT Limited
NBV LAMonster Highway Pegs
Ultimate Seats tallboy with backrest
Kuryakyn Goldwing clamshell grips
Big Bike Parts Tricycle TPMS
WOLO Bad Boy horn
Scala Rider G9
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 11:20 AM

Incredibly fun ride Saturday with the Tennessee Valley Spyder Ryder of America group. 20+ Spyders and a couple of two wheelers on some great roads up to Mt. Cheaha, to Waldo at a mom & pop restaurant. Ursamajor went with us, lots of fun. ImageUploadedByMO Free1414001960.365677.jpgImageUploadedByMO Free1414001985.379720.jpgImageUploadedByMO Free1414002003.224444.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Dale Scruggs, reformed two-wheeler
Birmingham, AL
White 2014 RT Limited
NBV LAMonster Highway Pegs
Ultimate Seats tallboy with backrest
Kuryakyn Goldwing clamshell grips
Big Bike Parts Tricycle TPMS
WOLO Bad Boy horn
Scala Rider G9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode