Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

2019 RT Limited Music Apps

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Flamewinger 
#1 ·
I just got home with my new 2019 Can-Am Spyder, traded up from 2012, my question is what music apps work with the 2019 Spyder. I'm having trouble linking any music apps it. BRP Connect doesn't have any selection, will Apple Music, IPod Touch link up via Bluetooth? Any help would be appreciated.

#3 · (Edited)
The iTunes Apple Music app is, so far, the only music app that you can manipulate in the dash. The phone has to be both bluetooth and cable connected. The bluetooth part is music. The current dash version should be 20.8 and you can have the FM or app music in the speakers or headset. Some owners seem to be able to play from other apps and hear inion the bike but not controllable. iPhone 6 and above and the 3-4 newest Androids along with Samsungs work but I don't know them. Your 2019 owners manual is a good read and has the missing instructions the 2018 bikes didn't get. Good luck

#4 ·
Get a Bluetooth car unit (jabra etc) and run your phone through that to a (dead) fm station
It works great. All phone apps will run through it
You tube amazon tunes etc. your phone will ring through it also but don’t answer lol dangerous!
Try to get a unit with rechargeable battery ( saves your outlet) toss it in the glove box & your good

#5 ·
Not necessary as the new Limiteds have built-in bluetooth and with the phone connected both with BT and cable you can manipulate things quite easily. Some riders say they can listen to other music but I think they have the phone directly connected to the headset and not through the bike. I have been able to start the radio in iTunes and when I connect it to the bike I can continue to play what was playing. I can't control it or change things other than to play music from the phone's library.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.