» Today's Birthdays
None
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM

Default New Spyder Rider from Kansas

I recently traded in my 900 lt Kawasaki for a used 2009 can am Spyder and although it did not come with a spare key, a tool kit, or an owner's manual I have enjoyed it so much within this past two weeks. I rode my 900 LT once last year and I have been on the Spyder every day. I am looking forward to this bike season!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Default Welcome!

I'm a new Spyder fan myself, I currently live in Mississippi but I used to live in Chapman, KS.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Welcome, Reverse! They're definitely addicting - glad you're enjoying!

CONSUMER WARNING: Use of this Spyder may cause smiling, happiness, urge to ride, excessive wind in the face, desire to call in sick to work, or even extended vacations. Some riders have experienced double-takes, pointing, sudden camera flash, kids waving, and conversations with total strangers. Several instances of unplanned roadside visits with police officers have been reported, though are not common. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your Spyder forum to discuss.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theggins View Post
I'm a new Spyder fan myself, I currently live in Mississippi but I used to live in Chapman, KS.
There is probably a big difference from Chapman to Missippi. I am from Ashland, about an hour south of Dodge City. I bought mine used; and the dealer said it making noise in reverse is " normal". It sure sounds like a brake dragging, wish I could make it go away.

Last edited by Reverse; 05-19-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Did not type correct word
Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassapnts View Post
Welcome, Reverse! They're definitely addicting - glad you're enjoying!
Thanks for the welcome sasspants, I hope to learn more about my 2009 Spyder on this forum. I also like your "Consumer Warning". :-)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:47 PM

Welcome, Reverse. I'm New to the Spyder myself, having bought one a week ago. I really enjoy mine, and I hope you enjoy yours too.

http://ripperhollow.com
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 AM

I'm riding in Brandon. Where are you located?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
Thanks for the welcome sasspants, I hope to learn more about my 2009 Spyder on this forum. I also like your "Consumer Warning". :-)
Thanks! Wrote that warning right after I bought mine and realized my addiction...

CONSUMER WARNING: Use of this Spyder may cause smiling, happiness, urge to ride, excessive wind in the face, desire to call in sick to work, or even extended vacations. Some riders have experienced double-takes, pointing, sudden camera flash, kids waving, and conversations with total strangers. Several instances of unplanned roadside visits with police officers have been reported, though are not common. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your Spyder forum to discuss.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM

Welcome to the forum and riding a Spyder! Lived in Manhattan, KS for 23 years before moving back to my hometown a few years back.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Ryders)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement