New Spyder Rider from Kansas - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

New Spyder Rider from Kansas

I recently traded in my 900 lt Kawasaki for a used 2009 can am Spyder and although it did not come with a spare key, a tool kit, or an owner's manual I have enjoyed it so much within this past two weeks. I rode my 900 LT once last year and I have been on the Spyder every day. I am looking forward to this bike season!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM

Welcome!

I'm a new Spyder fan myself, I currently live in Mississippi but I used to live in Chapman, KS.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 PM

Welcome, Reverse! They're definitely addicting - glad you're enjoying!

CONSUMER WARNING: Use of this Spyder may cause smiling, happiness, urge to ride, excessive wind in the face, desire to call in sick to work, or even extended vacations. Some riders have experienced double-takes, pointing, sudden camera flash, kids waving, and conversations with total strangers. Several instances of unplanned roadside visits with police officers have been reported, though are not common. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your Spyder forum to discuss.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theggins View Post
I'm a new Spyder fan myself, I currently live in Mississippi but I used to live in Chapman, KS.
There is probably a big difference from Chapman to Missippi. I am from Ashland, about an hour south of Dodge City. I bought mine used; and the dealer said it making noise in reverse is " normal". It sure sounds like a brake dragging, wish I could make it go away.

Last edited by Reverse; 05-19-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Did not type correct word
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassapnts View Post
Welcome, Reverse! They're definitely addicting - glad you're enjoying!
Thanks for the welcome sasspants, I hope to learn more about my 2009 Spyder on this forum. I also like your "Consumer Warning". :-)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 11:47 PM

Welcome, Reverse. I'm New to the Spyder myself, having bought one a week ago. I really enjoy mine, and I hope you enjoy yours too.

2011 Spyder RT-S

http://ripperhollow.com
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 AM

I'm riding in Brandon. Where are you located?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
Thanks for the welcome sasspants, I hope to learn more about my 2009 Spyder on this forum. I also like your "Consumer Warning". :-)
Thanks! Wrote that warning right after I bought mine and realized my addiction...

CONSUMER WARNING: Use of this Spyder may cause smiling, happiness, urge to ride, excessive wind in the face, desire to call in sick to work, or even extended vacations. Some riders have experienced double-takes, pointing, sudden camera flash, kids waving, and conversations with total strangers. Several instances of unplanned roadside visits with police officers have been reported, though are not common. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your Spyder forum to discuss.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 PM

Welcome to the forum and riding a Spyder! Lived in Manhattan, KS for 23 years before moving back to my hometown a few years back.

Jeff

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Ryders)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode