New Spyder Ryder - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

New Spyder Ryder

Hello Everyone,
I've been riding 2 wheels since 1990 and have now come over to the other side. I must say...the other side (3 wheels) is pretty cool. Just had my RT delivered this past Saturday, so I spent Sunday making her shine. Its a pretty blue with all the bells and whistles. I will practice riding her this weekend - weather is scheduled to be around 50..still a little cold for me but I'm excited about the Spyder RT and I need to adjust to turning and no clutching...I have the SE5 model. Any comments, suggestions would be helpful...right now I'm taking it slow so I can get use to riding this beautiful machine.

Turtle (from Northern VA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 04:05 PM

Ride ride ride,then go ride some more
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenf5 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I've been riding 2 wheels since 1990 and have now come over to the other side. I must say...the other side (3 wheels) is pretty cool. Just had my RT delivered this past Saturday, so I spent Sunday making her shine. Its a pretty blue with all the bells and whistles. I will practice riding her this weekend - weather is scheduled to be around 50..still a little cold for me but I'm excited about the Spyder RT and I need to adjust to turning and no clutching...I have the SE5 model. Any comments, suggestions would be helpful...right now I'm taking it slow so I can get use to riding this beautiful machine.

Turtle (from Northern VA)
Welcome, Karenf5, to the forum.
You will adapt to the Spyder very quick, my wife staring riding at age 60 and had never ridden a bike before. With no bad habits to break she was riding her SE5 within ten mins.

Don't worry about trying to lean into the turn, shifting your weight slightly to the inside of the turn will come quickly. After all you don't lean in your car, do you?

We live in Arkansas, home of the best riding in the midwest, come on by sometime.

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoose View Post
Welcome, Karenf5, to the forum.

You will adapt to the Spyder very quick, my wife staring riding at age 60 and had never ridden a bike before. With no bad habits to break she was riding her SE5 within ten mins.

Don't worry about trying to lean into the turn, shifting your weight slightly to the inside of the turn will come quickly. After all you don't lean in your car, do you?

We live in Arkansas, home of the best riding in the midwest, come on by sometime.

Good Luck

I too live in the beautiful state of Arkansas! I'm in Fordyce, 65 miles south of Little Rock. Where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode