Hi, from Spain - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Smile Hi, from Spain

Hi to everybody!

I'm thinking about buying a Spyder RT Ltd 2010 from the brp dealer in Barcelona.

I actually ride a VTX 1300 Retro 2007 an I love it but i had problems with my back bones, so I think is the moment to change. I'm 60 years old and not specially strong nor tall. I have to be careful with my health if I want continue riding.
I think with can am I'll save pull down the bike to maneuver, maintain the weigth in stops, while my wife rides, etc. and I think in general my back will have less problems.

Could you help me?
What have I to know about this model before to go?

I'm sorry but my english is not as good as I'd like it was.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 06:01 PM

Your English is fine, welcome to the forum.

The Can Am will allow you to ride without the strain of holding the weight of a two wheeler. The ease of riding the Can Am is fantasic, the SE models(semi automatic shifting).

I have a damaged hip and can ride on two wheels for some amount of time. A used 2013 ST became avilable. I bought the bike and at this point I can ride with my wife and other friends. The performance of the Can AM is fine for me, at 69 years old the need for speed has be replaced by comfort and dependablity.

Good Luck, try to arrange for a test ride, take an extended test if possible.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 09:51 AM

Hi from Kentucky!! I too am close to 70 years and have ridden two wheels for most of my time on bikes. I went with a new 2016 Spyder RT S and love it!!! Feel very stable even with two up. My daughter-in-law hates MCs and refused to allow her husband (my son) to ride one. He took her for a ride on my RT and now every time they come to KY (they live in Ohio) she has to come to my house for a ride!! I would suggest getting a 2014 or later just to get the 1330 cc three cylinder motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Thak you very much for your answers.
At the end I've bought the Spyder RT Limited edition from 2011.
Here in Spain prices of this kind of vehicles are too much expensive to buy a new one.
On the nearly future i'll explain to you the new feelings.
Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 05:37 PM

Hola McAlva te felicito en tu nueva moto. Vas a gustar muchisimo tu RT. Tango una 2012. Despues de dos accidentes en menos de tres meses cambie de dos ruedas a tres. Yo tango 70 anos y no tango la fuerza en mis piernas como cuando era joven. La Spyder es muy facil para manejar especialmente cuando mi esposa anda conmigo.
Puedes darnos algunas fotos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode