SE5 Oil change and filters - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
SE5 Oil change and filters

The SE5 takes two filters. I am ready to change the oil but need clarification if both filters are the same? I want to order a two-pack of filters but am concerned that they are only oil filters and not for trans. Are the trans. filter and the oil filter the same? I don't to have the wrong filter for the trans when I drain everything and then realize it is not right.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Filters are not the same. Hydraulic shifter body filter is much smaller. Personally, I change the shifter filter every other oil change even though they share the same oil. The volume through the engine oil filter sees much higher flow rate.

SHIFTER FILTER is P/N 420256452
OIL FILTER is P/N 420956745

SHS Powersports has very good pricing, excellent customer service, fast shipping. Link to their drawings below.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM
BRP is now suggesting changing both every time that you're climbing under the bike to do this...

Out with the old; In with the WOO-HOO!!
2010 RT A&C Gone; but not forgotten!
2014 RT Limited
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 PM
oil change icon

talked to service manager, he said that at 600 miles, and 3000 miles there after a wrench icon appears on the dash as a reminder to change oil. he also stated that there is no way to reset and remove the icon except by them pluging your can am into their computer. he wants a hundred bucks to do this.
does anyone know if we can reset this icon [make it disapear till next time] ?
for a hundred bucks i can live with it. for oil change , 2 different filters with o rings, oil pan strainer o ring, drain plug [ 2 ] metal seals.
thanks jim
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode