Caution: Probable ebay scam 2010 spyder rt-s - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

» Sponsors
» Today's Birthdays
Ileana (72)
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Default Caution: Probable ebay scam 2010 spyder rt-s

Current eBay auction for 2010 Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition #36

auction ends at 1025 Pacific Time

This bike is OWNED by a forum member..according to that member it is NOT for sale and it is NOT in NEW JERSEY. It appears that the photos AND VIN were grabbed from a previous ad...a couple of years ago.. The current REAL owner is aware of this. eBay complaints have been filed, but appears that they are going to allowed the auction to run its course. Lets hope the "successful" bidder does NOT send ANY money to this creep

cheers

Mike
longterm Goldwing rider...looking for an arachnid fix...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up!

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Ryders)
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 AM

Doesn't this sort of thing just dump your hat in the creek? I hope that the "seller" gets caught and suitably discouraged from this sort of thing...
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Yeah...I am thinking at this point the winning bidder, at $20,100 is ecstatic about scoring a mint RT-S PE WITH matching trailer UNTIL he figures out that the seller is a DIRTBAG THIEF I pray he figure sit out BEFORE he sends any cash....Dont know if eBay notifies local (NJ) authorities of if its up to the owner???
Old 07-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Default Beware of ebay scams

I used to follow and report Goldwing scams on ebay, and probably turned in hundreds of them. Eventually ebay changed something, so the scams are not as prevalent as they used to be. But, you'll still find them in all categories of high-end items - bikes, cars, tractors, etc. Most of the crooks listing this stuff are not even in this country and have never owned the items they list. Some things to watch out for -
1. If the price sounds too good to be true.... well, you know how it goes.
2. If you are not able to inspect the item. Most crooks say is packed for shipping, they are overseas, etc., etc. If they tell me it's in Chicago, I tell them I have a cousin who lives nearby and can drop by and inspect and pay. That's usually when they come back with the "packed and sealed" BS.
3. If they want you to send the money via Western Union, and tell you that the transaction is guaranteed by ebay, or something similar. You will receive an official looking email, claiming to be from ebay, asking for the wire transfer number, and stating that the number will NOT be given to the Seller until you have received the item and are satisfied. But, guess what? THEY (the scammer) sent you the email and once he has the number, he can claim the funds ANYWHERE in the world!

I hate thieves and scammers! Hopefully this advice will keep someone from losing their money.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM

That is just horrible! Hope they are caught and punished!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:27 AM

Smile Scam the Scammer

I have almost been scammed a couple of times. Thankfully, I signed up with PublicData.com about 15 years ago. If you are in the states that they service, they are Very Cheap and the information is Very Accurate.
When the scammer tells you to go to Walmart or where ever to send a moneygram, tell them to send you their name, drivers license number, the address on the license, and DOB for the Moneygram.
If they are stupid enough to send it, look 'em up.
The last guy gave me the information: the name was for someone in Mesquite, TX, the DL # was for an address was in Texarkana, and there was no one born with that name on the DOB in question.
I turned them into Craigslist and the ad was down in 15 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement