» Today's Birthdays
rjetsrick (58)
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM

Default extended warranty

hi guys...I'm curious if anyone has purchased an extended warranty for their Spyder. I am thinking about getting a new one very soon.....if the dealer will deal....so far he has some.....and I know he will push the warranty....thanks....I will introduce myself after I do get the bike!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Super Moderators

I never had to buy mine.. there was a promotion when I got my bike
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
hi guys...I'm curious if anyone has purchased an extended warranty for their Spyder. I am thinking about getting a new one very soon.....if the dealer will deal....so far he has some.....and I know he will push the warranty....thanks....I will introduce myself after I do get the bike!!
I bought a $1,600. extended warranty from Woodfield Motorsports in Il.,when I got my RT in July of '11- hoping to off set any maintenance costs. To my amazement, the dealership closed in Nov., 2011. There's no response from them, of course, and BRP has not responded either. My warranty was for that dealership only and it looks like I was suckered into an unenforceable contract. Be careful about those dealership only contracts. I love my Spyder and have gotten three friends to purchase one. I feel duped with this $1,600. hole in my pocket.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Super Moderators

the guys at my dealership told me not to worry about it UNLESS you are having issues near the end of the regular one

they then told me I could buy the extended then if I wanted

but that may just be my dealership
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddily View Post
I bought a $1,600. extended warranty from Woodfield Motorsports in Il.,when I got my RT in July of '11- hoping to off set any maintenance costs. To my amazement, the dealership closed in Nov., 2011. There's no response from them, of course, and BRP has not responded either. My warranty was for that dealership only and it looks like I was suckered into an unenforceable contract. Be careful about those dealership only contracts. I love my Spyder and have gotten three friends to purchase one. I feel duped with this $1,600. hole in my pocket.
Sorry to hear about losing the coverage you paid for. Woodfield had a bad rep long before they closed. Many wondered how they stayed open so long.

If you need service Potts Motor Group in Woodstock is a good dealer. Potts also sponsors the WIILY Spyder Ryders for N. IL and S. WI. We are an informal riding group of about 39 members. No dues just a bunch of Spyder riders. If you and your friends are looking for a group to meet up with let us know.

Here is a link to our site:

http://spydertimes.shutterfly.com

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Ryders)
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 PM

Maybe if you purchased the warranty on credit card, you can appeal the charge as a non-delivered item.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishapman View Post
Maybe if you purchased the warranty on credit card, you can appeal the charge as a non-delivered item.
Unfortunately, I did not use a credit card for the purchase, I did bundle it with the financing of the bike. I can't escape feeling that the Woodfield owners knew they where closing in four months. As much as I enjoy the Spyder, each time I sit on it, that $1,600. I'm paying for a non existent contract hurts. First and last time for a service contract.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishapman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Woodard View Post
Sorry to hear about losing the coverage you paid for. Woodfield had a bad rep long before they closed. Many wondered how they stayed open so long.

If you need service Potts Motor Group in Woodstock is a good dealer. Potts also sponsors the WIILY Spyder Ryders for N. IL and S. WI. We are an informal riding group of about 39 members. No dues just a bunch of Spyder riders. If you and your friends are looking for a group to meet up with let us know.

Here is a link to our site:

http://spydertimes.shutterfly.com
I wish I had known about the bad rep before making my purchase. I was so anxious to buy that I didn't want to wait for delivery of a new bike. The nearest dealer to me is actually in Hammond, In but they didn't have what I wanted in their inventory and said they couldn't get it before the 2012 riding season. Woodfield got the Spyder I wanted and delivered it to me in one week. I just got a letter from Potts Motor Group and I'll probably take a ride just to check them out. I'm thinking of adding some lights and highway foot rests and need a place to have the work done. I'm traveling from Chicago. Thanks for the invitation to ride with your group.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 PM

Just bought an extended warranty from my dealer. Told him about the dealership closing and someone losing their money and having no warranty. He said when buying an extended warranty, make sure it's a manufactures warranty and not just a dealer warranty. I also have six months left on my original warranty but the extended won't kick in till the original is expired. They won't deal much but my dealer advised not to go with the Best Plus, just the Best, and he threw in roadside assistance with it. They have room to deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement