extended warranty - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

» Sponsors
» Today's Birthdays
rjetsrick (58)
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Default extended warranty

hi guys...I'm curious if anyone has purchased an extended warranty for their Spyder. I am thinking about getting a new one very soon.....if the dealer will deal....so far he has some.....and I know he will push the warranty....thanks....I will introduce myself after I do get the bike!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Super Moderators
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 2,591
Default

I never had to buy mine.. there was a promotion when I got my bike
__________________
2011 RT Ltd, ISCI floorboards/cruiser boards and LED nut with custom Halo kit and custom Fusion power plant, 50 SPF sunblock and cheap sunglass, total Grfx on bike and matching trailer
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Biddily's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
hi guys...I'm curious if anyone has purchased an extended warranty for their Spyder. I am thinking about getting a new one very soon.....if the dealer will deal....so far he has some.....and I know he will push the warranty....thanks....I will introduce myself after I do get the bike!!
I bought a $1,600. extended warranty from Woodfield Motorsports in Il.,when I got my RT in July of '11- hoping to off set any maintenance costs. To my amazement, the dealership closed in Nov., 2011. There's no response from them, of course, and BRP has not responded either. My warranty was for that dealership only and it looks like I was suckered into an unenforceable contract. Be careful about those dealership only contracts. I love my Spyder and have gotten three friends to purchase one. I feel duped with this $1,600. hole in my pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Super Moderators
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 2,591
Default

the guys at my dealership told me not to worry about it UNLESS you are having issues near the end of the regular one

they then told me I could buy the extended then if I wanted

but that may just be my dealership
__________________
2011 RT Ltd, ISCI floorboards/cruiser boards and LED nut with custom Halo kit and custom Fusion power plant, 50 SPF sunblock and cheap sunglass, total Grfx on bike and matching trailer
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Jeff Woodard's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddily View Post
I bought a $1,600. extended warranty from Woodfield Motorsports in Il.,when I got my RT in July of '11- hoping to off set any maintenance costs. To my amazement, the dealership closed in Nov., 2011. There's no response from them, of course, and BRP has not responded either. My warranty was for that dealership only and it looks like I was suckered into an unenforceable contract. Be careful about those dealership only contracts. I love my Spyder and have gotten three friends to purchase one. I feel duped with this $1,600. hole in my pocket.
Sorry to hear about losing the coverage you paid for. Woodfield had a bad rep long before they closed. Many wondered how they stayed open so long.

If you need service Potts Motor Group in Woodstock is a good dealer. Potts also sponsors the WIILY Spyder Ryders for N. IL and S. WI. We are an informal riding group of about 39 members. No dues just a bunch of Spyder riders. If you and your friends are looking for a group to meet up with let us know.

Here is a link to our site:

http://spydertimes.shutterfly.com
__________________
Jeff

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Ryders)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
mishapman's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 281
Default

Maybe if you purchased the warranty on credit card, you can appeal the charge as a non-delivered item.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Biddily's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishapman View Post
Maybe if you purchased the warranty on credit card, you can appeal the charge as a non-delivered item.
Unfortunately, I did not use a credit card for the purchase, I did bundle it with the financing of the bike. I can't escape feeling that the Woodfield owners knew they where closing in four months. As much as I enjoy the Spyder, each time I sit on it, that $1,600. I'm paying for a non existent contract hurts. First and last time for a service contract.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Biddily's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishapman View Post
Maybe if you purchased the warranty on credit card, you can appeal the charge as a non-delivered item.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Woodard View Post
Sorry to hear about losing the coverage you paid for. Woodfield had a bad rep long before they closed. Many wondered how they stayed open so long.

If you need service Potts Motor Group in Woodstock is a good dealer. Potts also sponsors the WIILY Spyder Ryders for N. IL and S. WI. We are an informal riding group of about 39 members. No dues just a bunch of Spyder riders. If you and your friends are looking for a group to meet up with let us know.

Here is a link to our site:

http://spydertimes.shutterfly.com
I wish I had known about the bad rep before making my purchase. I was so anxious to buy that I didn't want to wait for delivery of a new bike. The nearest dealer to me is actually in Hammond, In but they didn't have what I wanted in their inventory and said they couldn't get it before the 2012 riding season. Woodfield got the Spyder I wanted and delivered it to me in one week. I just got a letter from Potts Motor Group and I'll probably take a ride just to check them out. I'm thinking of adding some lights and highway foot rests and need a place to have the work done. I'm traveling from Chicago. Thanks for the invitation to ride with your group.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 35
Default

Just bought an extended warranty from my dealer. Told him about the dealership closing and someone losing their money and having no warranty. He said when buying an extended warranty, make sure it's a manufactures warranty and not just a dealer warranty. I also have six months left on my original warranty but the extended won't kick in till the original is expired. They won't deal much but my dealer advised not to go with the Best Plus, just the Best, and he threw in roadside assistance with it. They have room to deal.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum