ipod issues - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

ipod issues

We have a 2015 RT Limited. I have used the 1st generation iPod (click wheel with pin connection) with this bike for two years. Leave it plugged in for 2 years with no issues No issues UNTIL I took the bike into the shop for its 9300 mile scheduled service. Pick the bike up and take off. iPod works for 5 minutes then cuts in an out and system cannot decide if it is AUX or a iPod. I disconnect the iPod and connect to home computer - no updates needed to the iPods. Same thing next day - confused bike. I try a nano - square one with pin connection. Seems to work but did not take bike for a spin. I purchase a new nano 7th generation with lightning connector. The bike is confused again and recognizes it as an iPod for 15 minutes and then gets confused. I stop and unplug everything and the bike only recognizes as an AUX device and then quits recognizing the device 10 minutes later. Anyone experienced this and have a suggestion? The manual indicates that iPod generation 2 and above is compatible.

I cannot ride without music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

ipod Issues

Does anyone else have issues with the iPod switching to Aux then iPod then back and forth every couple minutes. Cuts music off and on each time. At this point I can only play the radio on my 2015 RT.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:32 AM

I use an old iPod Nano or an old iPod Touch. I'm not having problems, but I haven't taken my Spyder in for service recently.

I'd ask the dealer that did the service and see if the was an update applied during your service. If there was an update, there may be a problem that the deal can fix by backing out to an older version or a newer fixed version.

Dave
'11 RT Ltd.
crazy enough to do a Saddle Sore 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Tullos View Post
We have a 2015 RT Limited. I have used the 1st generation iPod (click wheel with pin connection) with this bike for two years. Leave it plugged in for 2 years with no issues No issues UNTIL I took the bike into the shop for its 9300 mile scheduled service. Pick the bike up and take off. iPod works for 5 minutes then cuts in an out and system cannot decide if it is AUX or a iPod. I disconnect the iPod and connect to home computer - no updates needed to the iPods. Same thing next day - confused bike. I try a nano - square one with pin connection. Seems to work but did not take bike for a spin. I purchase a new nano 7th generation with lightning connector. The bike is confused again and recognizes it as an iPod for 15 minutes and then gets confused. I stop and unplug everything and the bike only recognizes as an AUX device and then quits recognizing the device 10 minutes later. Anyone experienced this and have a suggestion? The manual indicates that iPod generation 2 and above is compatible.

I cannot ride without music.
Take the bike back to the shop, you paid good money for good work. Show the Tech the problem and request a due date as to when it can be picked up, finished.

Good Luck

Larry
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoose View Post
Take the bike back to the shop, you paid good money for good work. Show the Tech the problem and request a due date as to when it can be picked up, finished.
This is the logical thing to do but bike shops typically know little or nothing about electronics.
This really sounds like it might just be a loose or dirty connection.....at the device connector or somewhere between there and the audio head.

Have you REALLY waited almost 3 months without mentioning the problem to the shop ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode