None
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Super Moderators

Default rain gear

we have the GTX series CanAm jackerts and have rain pants that go over your normal clothes

We are thinking about gettin the one piece suits because in the early spring we are heading to Calif. for our new custom seats and figure that they might be better if the weather is really crappy, which happens a lot in the Pacific NW in the spring

Just a few questions :

would we wear theser overtop of out GTX coats?
or would we wear lighter clothing underneath?
or would we wear our GTX coats over top of the one piece?

It will more than likely be pretty cold along with being wet, and hate being cold AND wet at the same time
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 AM

I'm a TourMaster kind of guy myself... Great one-piece suits that keep me dry in anything short of an unexpected plunge into a swimming pool!
For cooler weather I'd look at FirstGear... Same H2O protection plus insulation for when Mother Nature adds "Cold" to the list...
Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Super Moderators

the BRP one is insulated a fair bit, but do we wear them along with our regular BRP coats? or just wear lighter clothes underneath?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 AM

Layer up until you start looking like the Michelin Man!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Yea, you can do that or buy some Gerber heated things. I ride all year around in N. GA and stay pretty darn warm. Biggest hastle on the Spyder is getting a female plug in the front. I've had a lot of back surgery, etc and can't do much bending and surely not as much standing time as required to do the outlet, according to the dealer. I'm working on it with one of their former employees, we'll see what happens. The dealer says they have a lot of work where folks have installed something and the Spyder computer(s) go nuts. I'm watching all the things riders are doing on these boards and think the dealer is exagerating some, maybe not. Lots of crazy stuff with lights and systems occur on the Spyder. Tuck
Old 09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Super Moderators

hehe i already look like the michelin man

hehe
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 AM

We must have the same tailor!!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 AM

Having 2 layers of water proof/resistance protection means that water has to work that much harder to get in. As long as you don't get too hot, I saw wear both layers.

I've had situations where the rain on my sleeves was being chilled due to evaporation to the point where the cold seeped into my jacket and chilled my arms. Only had a TourMaster Cortech jacket and sweatshirt on at the time.

Nothing worse than being wet and cold on a ride. Don't forget about your feet. Good water proof boots are a must.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Good point Dave!
If your feet (and hands) aren't protected, you're still gonna be miserable!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Super Moderators

i have boots i waterproofed and gauntlet style goves ( linned and unlinned)
wife has waterproof hiking boots to wear.

our coats ate totally waterproof but allow air and moisture to pass from the inside to the out but no water will come in.

it's just the back of our necks that concern me.. because if wind gets in there that means water will too and don't want/need water donw our backs
Advertisement