Hey guys I'm new to this forum and just got a can-am! I have a few questions. - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

» Sponsors
» Today's Birthdays
thekrell1 (63)
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 PM

Default Hey guys I'm new to this forum and just got a can-am! I have a few questions.

Do you know where i can paint or vinyl wrap my can-am matte black for and also powder coat the wheels? Do you guys know of any nice sounding exhaust systems and things I can do to increase the horsepower ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 12:02 AM

Im new also and just got my Spyder--I own several other motorcycles but this is different for sure---I put the Hindle exhaust and its got a peppy sound- also looking for more info on the Powerbus or simple bolt on performance upgrade --any info appreciated also---
Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 AM

Default Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshawn1234 View Post
Do you know where i can paint or vinyl wrap my can-am matte black for and also powder coat the wheels? Do you guys know of any nice sounding exhaust systems and things I can do to increase the horsepower ?
Thanks
Power???The Spyder runs like a scalded cat now....Maybe you want a rocket????
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks

These folks have been adding power to the Spyder's Engine for years... from the time BEFORE it was a Spyder engine:

http://www.evoluzione.net/evo-cycle-can-am.htm
Old 12-05-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Do you know where i can paint or vinyl wrap my can-am matte black for and also powder coat the wheels?.....
Thanks
You had asked about graphics options, luckily one of the bigger cycle graphics groups has added the Spyder to its list of "Cycles" Maybe they can make a Mat Black one for you. Or, you can order the blackout kit that CAn-AM sells (even sell black wheels..... or.... I saw a fellow selling his silver body pieces after he bough the black ones on Ebay for $590? just buy them and have them painted.

Here is an article on the matte black model,

2009 Can-Am Spyder SE5 First Ride - Can-Am Street Bike Motorcycle Review - Motorcycle USA

ALLPOWERSPORTSGRAPHICS.COM CUSTOM CAN-AM SPYDER GRAPHICS KITS

They have many styles offered on EBay for $289.95:
Can-Am Spyder custom graphics packages:eBay Motors (item 160351252500 end time Dec-22-09 09:04:07 PST)

ALLPOWERSPORTSGRAPHICS has mastered the art of airbrushing and detailing into a fine arts style graphics package for the Can-Am Spyder

ITEM CODE: SPY-04

WHAT YOU ARE GETTING: 25+ pcs. Highly detailed custom graphics package form fitted to the Can-Am Spyder.

This kit has been designed by a fine artist with the finest elements and details anywhere. Razor sharp imaging is processed with UV stable solvents and UV stable clear lens lamination. Water, salt, sun and gas resistant. Can be power-washed if needed.

OPTIONS: I offer the addition of racing numbers and text to all my graphics kits. If you are wanting a color change, custom design made or other inserts added to this package, simply contact the designer. A proof will be e-mailed prior to processing your custom kit. I also have many video tutorials on-line for those needing a few tips and tricks fore successful applications. Technical support is also available.

ACCIDENT REPLACEMENT POLICY: Send in pictures of this kit on your Spyder and I'll give you my accident replacement insurance. This offer is a one time deal while you own the vehicle that if you have an accident whereby the graphics are damaged or need replacing due to collision, fire or whatever, I send you out a replacement for only the cost of shipping.

SHIPS TO CANADA AND U.S.A. Shipping and insurance is included for this order within North America.

SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE INTERNATIONALLY. Please contact the seller for rates.
As I offer additions/inserts to all packages, kits are print to order. Please allow 9 to11 business days for delivery as stated to us by the Postal Service. Please allow a little extra time if ordering during holiday seasons.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 AM

Here is the link to the body kit the fellow is selling on EBay if you want to go that route he is asking $599:

EBay Silver Body Kit
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks
I didn't quite understand you post. Are you trying to paint your Spyder matte black or do you want to add graphics to an already matte black Spyder? If it's the former, any auto body shop can do the job for you.

Spyder Nation POW*MIA SE5

Cal-Sci 23.5 windshield, HID Fog lights, HID Headlights, Micron muffler, Triple Play II Taillight Kit, 5" Pullback bars, Footpeg kit, Center Console, Cup Holder, Mirror Extensions, Phantom Black Kit, 6 Spoke Wheels, Side Panel Trim, Corbin Saddle Bags and Saddle Seat, Cruise Control, Jensen JHD910 stereo, Zumo 660 GPS
Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 PM

i just sent it to a shop called promax and there going to matte black everything and paint the wheels gloss black. Do you guys know how i can turn off the traction?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
i just sent it to a shop called promax and there going to matte black everything and paint the wheels gloss black. Do you guys know how i can turn off the traction?
Excellent! Be sure to post pics when done.

For cost comparison, I found this black-out kit for sale on ebay:

EBay black out kit

They are asking an $820 starting bid, $1040 buy it now, they are a dealer, so I'd guess the retail price is $1040?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Here is the link to the gallery for the pics... Let me know what you think? Can-Am Spyder Photo Gallery - kingshawn1234 Gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement