Spyder Rally - Page 2 - Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Woodard View Post
The 2011 owners event is in Maggie Valley, NC June 16, 17, & 18.

There is also a bigger event at the Cowtown dealership in Cuba, MO April 27th to May 1st. Right now they have 223 people signed up which is about what the Chicago event had.

Welcomes you to SpyderFest 2011

I will be going to Cuba. All spyder and two wheel owners are welcome.
Is preregistration required for the Spyder rally in Maggie Valley, NC dated June 16-18? Does anyone have a point of contact for the rally? I will be attending. I am new to this group and this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2009 Spyder RS (red) and am having lots of fun with it. I live only 30 minutes from the Dragon and have already ridden it. On the Dragon the Spyder is WORK! I was sweating upon completion and it was 45 degrees that day. Looking forward to your replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
Is preregistration required for the Spyder rally in Maggie Valley, NC dated June 16-18? Does anyone have a point of contact for the rally? I will be attending. I am new to this group and this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2009 Spyder RS (red) and am having lots of fun with it. I live only 30 minutes from the Dragon and have already ridden it. On the Dragon the Spyder is WORK! I was sweating upon completion and it was 45 degrees that day. Looking forward to your replies.
If it is run like last years event you will need to sign up. Here is a link to the BRP site with what information is available at this time. I don't think the signup has started yet.

Spyder Blog - Community | BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster

I also have a Red '09 GS and love it . If you bought your GS used make sure the DPS update was done. The new DPS makes it MUCH easier to turn.

Jeff

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Ryders)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 AM

Thanks so much for the info. I did buy mine used and was told that a steering recall had been completed. However at the time I did not know that there had been two steering recalls, the latter being the big one. I do not know if mine has had the last DPS recall or not. I am going to call the local dealer today and see if they can make that determination.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info. I did buy mine used and was told that a steering recall had been completed. However at the time I did not know that there had been two steering recalls, the latter being the big one. I do not know if mine has had the last DPS recall or not. I am going to call the local dealer today and see if they can make that determination.
The dealer should be able to look up if the DPS was replaced using your VIN number. The new DPS makes a big difference in IMHO. Before the change I was having trouble understeering due to the pressure needed to turn. Now it feels effortlessly. When sitting still the hands can be turned stop-to-stop with one hand.

If the DPS has not been changed, good luck getting a new one. I would not be worried about riding until it gets replaced. You may not want to take it to the dealer for service if it has not untill they get one in. I have heard of dealers not releasing the Spyder once they have it due to liability issues.

Jeff

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED trunk lighting, BajRon's anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Woodard View Post
The dealer should be able to look up if the DPS was replaced using your VIN number. The new DPS makes a big difference in IMHO. Before the change I was having trouble understeering due to the pressure needed to turn. Now it feels effortlessly. When sitting still the hands can be turned stop-to-stop with one hand.

If the DPS has not been changed, good luck getting a new one. I would not be worried about riding until it gets replaced. You may not want to take it to the dealer for service if it has not untill they get one in. I have heard of dealers not releasing the Spyder once they have it due to liability issues.
The dealer verified today via the VIN that all recalls had been completed on my 09 RS. The DPS replaced in Nov (the day I picked it up from the dealer). Steering still takes a lot of muscle although not so much that it is a problem. As I posted previously when I took it on the Dragon (11 miles - 318 curves for those who don't know) it was a workout and I was sweating even though it was 45 degrees outside. I was pushing it kinda hard but not too hard. It would have been much easier if I had been going slower I'm sure.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The dealer verified today via the VIN that all recalls had been completed on my 09 RS. The DPS replaced in Nov (the day I picked it up from the dealer). Steering still takes a lot of muscle although not so much that it is a problem. As I posted previously when I took it on the Dragon (11 miles - 318 curves for those who don't know) it was a workout and I was sweating even though it was 45 degrees outside. I was pushing it kinda hard but not too hard. It would have been much easier if I had been going slower I'm sure.
Good thing you had the DPS replaced before you did the Dragon! If not, your arms would need to have been as big as Popeyes!

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Spyder Forums: The Y-factor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode